Mountain bike to Road Bike to Mountain Bike

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
ndwgolf

Mountain bike to Road Bike to Mountain Bike

Postby ndwgolf » 22 Sep 2019, 4:02pm

I started off about 2 years ago buying my first bicycle that was a Santa Cruz Highball CC Mountain Bike and rode that for about 18 months, until I got the bug to try my hands on a Road Bike. Back in December last year I bought a Trek Madone SLR7 and fell in love with that riding it about 3 times a week at 60 to 90 kilometers a pop.
I put my Santa Cruz up for sale but all I got was offers of 2 to 300 quid for it (I paid way over 3k for it new) so I put it in the garden shed just to get it out of the way.
Back in April this year my cycling buddy went back home to the UK and I guess I got lazy and didn't really ride that much consequently I started to gain a bunch of kilos (went from 107 to 121kg). Just a few weeks back I was asked from another biking mate of mine if I wanted to go for a ride to which I replied I don't think my road bike can handle all that weight..............cut a long story short I went out on my old (not so old) Santa Cruz bike and it was so so enjoyable.........I didn't have any of the aches and pains that I had on the Road Bike so until I can get back down to say 105kg then I will stick to riding the MB.............11kg to go.
Neil