how tall this rack is?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Vantage

how tall this rack is?

Post by Vantage »

I've ordered an alloy Tortec Epic for my bike but I worry that it's going to look stupidly tall.
SJS answered a query from a customer saying that from centre fixing bolt to the underside of the top rail is 370mm. I have a suspicion that this is incorrect looking at online images of it as my current rack measures that and isn't anywhere near as tall. I think they've measured to the underside of the bottom rail instead.
Would any users of said rack take a tape measure to theirs please and let me know?
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
iandriver

Re: how tall this rack is?

Post by iandriver »

Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....
Norman H

Post by Norman H »

SJS don't appear to be far off according to measurements of my stainless steel Epic rack.

Measured vertically to the underside of the top platform from the centre of the drop out mounting hole is 364mm. The lower rail is 59mm below the top rail.
Slowroad

Post by Slowroad »

Was looking at the exact same product just now - for a 26" bike. So you've saved me the bother of asking the same question! :-)
“My two favourite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything. The perfect day: riding a bike to the library.”
― Peter Golkin