Cars using horn whilest they are stationary and you are cycling past.

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
chomango

Re: Cars using horn whilest they are stationary and you are cycling past.

Post by chomango »

LEGAL NOTICE

Moderators

please delete my account and remove all of my posts -

This thread has been tampered with several times.

I will check this is carried out in good time and then persue legal channels if data protection legislation and the request for removal is not observed

LEGAL NOTICE
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

chomango wrote:LEGAL NOTICE

Moderators

please delete my account and remove all of my posts -

This thread has been tampered with several times.

I will check this is carried out in good time and then persue legal channels if data protection legislation and the request for removal is not observed

LEGAL NOTICE

Requests to remove links, posts or other data from the forum, including the ‘right to forget’ under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

The right to forget does not include the deletion of content. Content may be deleted at the discretion of forum staff. If you wish content to be deleted, you must provide specific details, the reason you wish the content deleted and the basis of your right to request the deletion. Please note that user posts should normally be edited by the user, unless moderators have taken action for violations of forum guidelines. The right to be forgotten applies where the information is inaccurate, inadequate, irrelevant or excessive for the purposes of data processing.

Forum staff may request additional information. Staff decisions are final.

For more information about GDPR, please visit the EC information page on data protection rules

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3661

If you still wish your user ID deleted, please contact forum staff by pm, or mbadmin@ctc.org.uk
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Thread resurrection alert

I am glad this has not been deleted, sometimes stuff is removed, one reads about it after and never knows why

Vorpal was right, she wrote that leaving stuff in place and commenting was better than deleting
so one may understand what is acceptable or not
A stationary truck driver blew her horn at me today, probably to indicate I should go (I had priority)
I did not go, waited for a gap instead (never trust a morton)
A dog doing its business in the ditch barked in disapproval of the unnecessary use of the horn
Wuff!
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Two questions:

What is a Morton? Google has no answer, but I guess it's something between motorist and moron.

Have you changed you username,? I recognise your signature line, but not the name. Is this allowed (obviously). Is it ethical (confusing poor souls like me). Any explanation why (not required, but I'm curious).
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

simonhill wrote:Two questions:

What is a Morton? Google has no answer, but I guess it's something between motorist and moron.

Have you changed you username,? I recognise your signature line, but not the name. Is this allowed (obviously). Is it ethical (confusing poor souls like me). Any explanation why (not required, but I'm curious).

Shouldn’t it be a Motron or a Moton? Though when you type in Motron, autocorrect tries to correct it to Morton.

I believe Cyril is B r y n p o e t h. I didn't know you could change your name.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
nirakaro

Post by nirakaro »

Cyril Haearn wrote:(never trust a morton)

I used to know a bloke whose name was Morton. He seemed reasonably trustworthy.
fullupandslowingdown

Post by fullupandslowingdown »

is the op certain that this car which used it's horn, wasn't in fact a prototype self driving car.... therefore it wouldn't matter about the child in front as they're only a passenger acting out the motions of driving. :lol:

Has anyone seen a self driving car for real yet? can the AID sound the horn itself, or has that one been overlooked so far? What would happen if you got three self driving cars arriving simultaneously at each limb of a mini roundabout, would they all start beeping at each other? Do self driving cars have ears? Do they have other waveable attachments for when horns or headlights prove insufficient means for communication, such as mechanical fingers or fists? If the self driving car gets lost, will it stop and politely ask a human for directions? Is a self driving car allowed to text or phone whilst driving? Does a self driving car have to demist the windscreens before driving off? Would a self driving car allow a waiting car out of a side road?
Can a self driving car understand the Scottish accent?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00hbfjw

Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 01.02.07.png