Topeak Super Chuck - Presta to Schrader Adapter

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Witterings

Topeak Super Chuck - Presta to Schrader Adapter

Post by Witterings »

Has anyone got one of these and if so what's it like to use and do I have to fit it into a pipe or if I'm using a compressor can I clip a standard car inflator chuck onto the end of it does anyone know???
Airsporter1st

Re: Topeak Super Chuck - Presta to Schrader Adapter

Post by Airsporter1st »

Looking at the adverts/pictures, it is clear that this will not connect directly to your compressor schrader fitting.
Witterings

Post by Witterings »

Airsporter1st wrote:Looking at the adverts/pictures, it is clear that this will not connect directly to your compressor schrader fitting.

I don't think the pictures are clear otherwise I wouldn't have posted .... but hey I don't have superpowers that can see through rubber in a picture .... .... but maybe you do??????
Airsporter1st

Post by Airsporter1st »

No x-ray vision, to my great regret - just an ability to look at a photograph and determine that the item in question is affixed to a rubber hose using a jubilee clip.
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

the whole point of this chuck is that it is fitted to a standard hose on a track pump (~5mm ID) so (if that is the question) no, you can't just fit a Schrader valve chuck to the back of this chuck and use it as an adaptor.

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/pumps/topeak-super-chuck-dual-valve-pump-connector/

seems pretty clear to me, so possibly I don't understand the question.

FWIW any presta chuck where you can't buy a new seal is inherently un-super, isn't it?

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~