Halfords discount

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
neilob

Halfords discount

Post by neilob »

Do Halfords still give 10% to CUK members? On bikes? Is it just a case of showing your membership card?
Using a car to take an adult on a three mile journey is the same as using an atomic bomb to kill a canary.
gaz

Re: Halfords discount

Post by gaz »

High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Eyebrox

Post by Eyebrox »

Yes. But you also need to produce the monthly discount bar code with your card. You will find this online at the foot of your membership details on the CUK site. You can screenshot it for presenting to shop staff if you have a smartphone.
richardfm

Post by richardfm »

Eyebrox wrote:Yes. But you also need to produce the monthly discount bar code with your card. You will find this online at the foot of your membership details on the CUK site. You can screenshot it for presenting to shop staff if you have a smartphone.

In my local Halfords you just need the voucher with the barcode. They have never asked to see my membership card
Richard M
Cardiff
PH

Post by PH »

richardfm wrote:In my local Halfords you just need the voucher with the barcode. They have never asked to see my membership card

Yes, but it might be a long way to go home and collect it if you haven't got it with you.
The requirement is you need both, what the shop assistants accept varies, I think I've done all the possible options - either, both and none.
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

Does the discount also work for Cycle Republic, which I believe is part of the Halfords group?
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
PH

Post by PH »

TrevA wrote:Does the discount also work for Cycle Republic, which I believe is part of the Halfords group?

Yes
You can even order online on the Halfords website and collect from Cycle Republic, which is often cheaper than the shop price, though they will price match in store if you ask.