What cycling did you do this weekend?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
AndyA

Re: What cycling did you do this weekend?

Post by AndyA »

25 mile pootle on the tandem with a lovely lunch in the middle and a pint at the end. Definitely calorie positive
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Non again .... I spent my weekend in the company of a Class 323 and some colleagues in the middle of nowhere, covering miles of track in masking tape and trying to get the train to slide ....!!!
Wednesday is cycling day !!!

20191020_094724.jpg
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

All I can see are blokes standing about and one bloke who's getting paid to take a photo. :evil:
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Errr MODS .... Blatant trolling ..... ?
I'm not apologising for working for a living .... and cycling as and when i can.
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

None at all awoke with a painful chest and any sharp intake of breath hurts.
Apart from a Heb tour and a C2C I’ve struggled all year for motivation. I’m sick of all my local roads and trying to rekindle my old love of off-roading.
As much as I hate putting the bike on the car I’m thinking I’ll have to overcome that and expand my area.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Paulatic wrote:None at all awoke with a painful chest and any sharp intake of breath hurts.
Apart from a Heb tour and a C2C I’ve struggled all year for motivation. I’m sick of all my local roads and trying to rekindle my old love of off-roading.
As much as I hate putting the bike on the car I’m thinking I’ll have to overcome that and expand my area.

I love doing the same rides again and again, the colours and weather change each time
Havnae got many different routes either, but I do not get sick of them
You could do some walking for a change
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Paulatic wrote: I’ve struggled all year for motivation. I’m sick of all my local roads ........ and expand my area.

Have to admit I've the same issue :?

Actually started in 2013 when I realized that I'd only done a local ride on a favoured route on one occasion during the course of that year. Same this year, when I've only done that ride once:shock:.

To some extent it's due to my falling out with daily high speed road riding, preferring to do flat out workouts down the gym. And to some extent the fact that I've had no need to commute, due to living in town during the past five years. And to some extent it's due to the local landscape appearing time and time and time again. It's a beautiful landscape to ride through, but even so has become tedious with time!

4-5 trips down to the Vale of York, Durham Plain, Yorkshire Dales, Lakes again clarified the issue, when the miles just flew by
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

just temporarily relocated to south Glos so yesterday i did a 75 mile loop taking in a ride up Cheddar Gorge, some pre Mendip lanes and a return along the Bath - Bristol cycleway. Lots of new roads to explore and i haven't even done everything in my usual stomping grounds!

Today was just an afternoon walk of @ 14km into t'city - i rarely cycle on Sundays, too many of these 'ere leisure cyclists jamming up the roads! :lol:
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

Local ctc Saturday Easy Ride (only 1 I can manage these days). 37 dry if mostly grey and cool miles, to reach my usual 100 per week. Sunday, nil - spend with my non-cycling girl friend (sily term at our ages, but alternatives worse!).
Polisman

Post by Polisman »

I did sod all this weekend. Lower back is out, and so it's any cycling for the foreseeable :o
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Sweet FA here too: nailed to the house by cruel & usual rain, not to mention disobliging tripes.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
PH

Post by PH »

I had intended a Cambridge Audax but had to pull out as a change in work rotas made getting to the start impossible. Still I had a Travelodge and return train booked so went down anyway, no particular plan, just a ride around the area, explored a few drovers roads, some of which just disappeared into a field. Enjoyed riding along the Busway from St Ives and a bit of bird watching at Fen Drayton. Not what I'd planned but an enjoyable weekend all the same.
pedalsheep

Post by pedalsheep »

Last Sunday a few of us planned to ride the Wessex CTC Gridiron ride in the New Forest but gales and heavy rain encouraged us to stay at home instead. This Sunday I cycled to the 8.20 ferry at Yarmouth to meet up with 2 friends to go over to the north island and ride the Gridiron route. Lovely day with lots of cute donkeys and ponies in the forest and pleasant, if slightly chilly, weather. Rode back from the ferry afterwards to give 104 miles for the day.
'Why cycling for joy is not the most popular pastime on earth is still a mystery to me.'
Frank J Urry, Salute to Cycling, 1956.
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

It was pouring with rain on Saturday, so had a rest day. First one since the rest day for Typhoon Hagabis.

On Sunday rode from Tottori to Tsuyama. Only 75 Kms, but 500 metres of climbing. Lovely autumn day and stunning views of the wooded hills.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

A couple of 30+ mile rides, with pleasant company and sunshine on the autumnal colours.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells