Online shop feedback

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
KONSTAAPO

Online : Kraken & Staykraken => Fraudulent ( 100% )

Post by KONSTAAPO »

Hi,

I'm in looking to buy my first good bike and found this site http://www.atkraken.com/hybrid-bikes/7618-specialized-sirrus-expert-carbon-x1-2017-hybrid-bike.html that sells sirrus expert carbon X1 so cheap, that it seems too good to be real. Have anyone bought anything from them?

They have live chat and they told me that they buy bikes from bankrupt company's and that way can sell them so cheap, but still I'm a little suspicious. They also offer free shipping for the first bike!![url]/url]
Last edited by Graham on 29 Sep 2019, 3:40pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title
s1965c

Re: New bike shop "Kraken" experiences

Post by s1965c »

Website is only 86 days old.
It's registered through an anonymising service, so you can't find out the real website's owner.
They've got all sizes available on their web site - does that sound like something someone buying up bankrupt stock would be able to offer?

Your call, but I'd be looking elsewhere.
_________
LEJoG slug
whoof

Post by whoof »

Looking at the website every bike I've looked at is 30% off.
Lots of tourers.
For example a 2017 and Genesis Tour de Fer 10 is usually £1000 (I've seen cheaper ones but not 2017). On this site they are 833 euros or £708.

http://www.atkraken.com/82-touring-bikes#/page-2

It says it includes all taxes and is free delivery, see below.

kraken.jpg

Either a good deal or an elaborate scam.
whoof

Post by whoof »

Regarding them selling bankrupt stock. They say they sell Pinnacle bikes. These are F W Evans own brand sounds a bit odd.

http://www.atkraken.com/adventure-road- ... -bike.html
KONSTAAPO

Post by KONSTAAPO »

I too think that it's too risky to just buy, but I will keep the site in my favorites. They said that they will renew the site 20.5.2017 and add reviews from customers.
whoof

Post by whoof »

KONSTAAPO wrote:Hi,

I'm in looking to buy my first good bike and found this site http://www.atkraken.com/hybrid-bikes/7618-specialized-sirrus-expert-carbon-x1-2017-hybrid-bike.html that sells sirrus expert carbon X1 so cheap, that it seems too good to be real. Have anyone bought anything from them?

They have live chat and they told me that they buy bikes from bankrupt company's and that way can sell them so cheap, but still I'm a little suspicious. They also offer free shipping for the first bike!![url]/url]

I've just had a live chat with Evan's bikes to ask if Kraken bikes could be selling their Pinnacle bikes. Evans have talked to Kraken using their live-chat and where told they had bought them as bankruptcy stock in an auction. Evans say this is not the case.
hamster

Post by hamster »

Phone number wrong. Googling the address gives a toolmaker's factory....provided you leave off the incorrect post code.
Look at the payment options:
Except in special conditions requiring a special agreement, payment conditions are as follows:

a) Order payment by bank card ( Mastercard, Visa) **
b) Order payment by wire transfer *
c) Order payment by Paypal **
d) Order payment by COD **

Any of these payment options must first be authorised by our financial department.

*Limited time discount
**Country restrictions apply

I bet they will tell you they do not do Visa in your country...and who goes for finance department authorisation first???
Completely fishy.
s1965c

Post by s1965c »

Apart from their bicycle business, they also seem to be selling high value guitars. That seems an odd mix to me.

It's got scam written all over it.
_________
LEJoG slug
Samuel D

Post by Samuel D »

They ‘sell’ anything that’s likely to attract a sucker. And KONSTAAPO has kindly signed up on our forum to tell us about it.

Come on, now. We’re not that dumb.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

claim to have an address in Germany but who knows? I wouldnt risk that amount of money without a go and look. I think we are all suspicious b********ds 8) :lol:
ChrisButch

Post by ChrisButch »

.."battening upon huge sea-worms in his sleep" perhaps?
CykelPendlare123

Post by CykelPendlare123 »

This is scam, but now they use staykraken.com.
Warning, do not order anything from this site.
Bartbike

Post by Bartbike »

That’s what the city of Wittingen wrote me:

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

im Stadtgebiet Wittingen ist keine Firma Kraken B GmbH gemeldet und auch nicht bekannt. In der Schillerstraße in 29378 Wittingen gibt es keine Haus-Nummer 3.Ich hoffe Ihnen hiermit geholfen zu haben.

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Im Auftrage

Doris Schulz

Stadt Wittingen
FB Organisation und Ordnung
Bahnhofstr. 35
29378 Wittingen

[contact information removed]

From google translate: In the city of Wittingen no company Kraken B GmbH is registered and not known. In the Schillerstraße in 29378 Wittingen there is no house number 3.I hope to have helped you herewith.
In other words, non-existing shop and/or company
fernadosilva

Online : Kraken & Staykraken => Fraudulent ( 100% )

Post by fernadosilva »

[ Note : Here starts a new topic which was merged into a previous topic covering the same subject.
The title has been modified by Graham. ]

I found this site with quite good bike offers:

https://www.kraken.bike

In fact, it seems too good to be true. I also found this topic from two years ago:

viewtopic.php?t=113660

They still say today that are buying equipment from bankrupt companies, as it happened on this original post. The VAT ID they publish appears somewhere else as bikeline-ulm, an (apparently) inactive company.

While it has all the symptoms of a scam, I wonder if someone around had tested or used them in the last two years. In fact, if this is indeed a scam, it is a quite good one: all the details of this company seem serious enough, namely a good catalog, consistent pricing (even if too low), fast mail exchange, on-line chat.... On the other hand, how it is possible that they are still operating after almost three years if they are indeed fake?
Vorpal

Re: Online shop feedback

Post by Vorpal »

Their address still does not exist.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom