Large Bright Jacket

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
mikethelad

Large Bright Jacket

Post by mikethelad »

I am after a Large Bright Jacket but I am 6 ft 4 with a 44 inch waste and all the jackets seem to come up small
roubaixtuesday

Re: Large Bright Jacket

Post by roubaixtuesday »

Im also 6'4 albeit a little more svelte.

Ive recently bought a "showers pass" jacket in xl which, usually, has arms easily long enough, and is if anything, on the baggy side. Excellent kit.

I think they also do xxl, that might do you.

Painfully expensive mind.
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

Altura Night vision maybe. I have a medium and its huge. Reckon I could get a couple of loaded panniers up there as well as me.
DNC123

Post by DNC123 »

Another vote for Altura Night Vision. I have one. I'm similar in size to OP but not quite the same waist, but they should easily fit him.
Pretty good at keeping wind and rain out.
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

mattsccm wrote:Altura Night vision maybe. I have a medium and its huge. Reckon I could get a couple of loaded panniers up there as well as me.

I had one of those. Arms not really long enough for us tallsters, at least not if you want them to go over your gloves.
freeflow

Post by freeflow »

Definitely ShowersPass.

I was given one of these for my birthday a few weeks ago.

https://showerspass.co.uk/collections/m ... con-lights

in xxl and it is definitely nice and roomy inside. Rode in it for 2 hours at 5°C wearing just a 200g merino baselayer up top and was only slightly sweaty when I got back. This was a major achievement as I sweat a lot when cycling.
lescargo

Post by lescargo »

Have, XXL PLANET X Jacket.
New, unused, with original labels; could, I think, photo these on mobile phone.
Never worn.
Bought two years ago when I was 16 stone +!!!
Now 14 stone and wearing L!!
Jacket is hi-vis green, 100% reflective, with 3 zipped front and one large zipped back pocket.
Back has large "silver" reflective area and short "tail" section to keep those kidneys warm.
£25 posted.
MarcusT

Post by MarcusT »

In case you cannot find a fit, I would suggest to go with work jackets. The type construction and road workers wear. They come in very large sizes
I wish it were as easy as riding a bike
nez

Post by nez »

roubaixtuesday wrote:
mattsccm wrote:Altura Night vision maybe. I have a medium and its huge. Reckon I could get a couple of loaded panniers up there as well as me.

I had one of those. Arms not really long enough for us tallsters, at least not if you want them to go over your gloves.

They are rare but you can find Night Vision in xxxl
dim

Post by dim »

Buy any jacket that takes your fancy, and get a proviz REFLECT360 Men's Cycling Gilet to wear over the jacket ... they go as large as XXXXXL

PH

Post by PH »

If you're looking for warm and waterproof, you could look at these Paramo jackets on offer on Ebay. They only have the XXL, I've just bought one in greengage which is bright without being dayglo, it's huge! That's probably why they're so heavily discounted, I considered returning it, though for the price I'll get the use out of it, maybe as much for walking as cycling and I've wanted to try a Paramo jacket for a while.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202369231434

If you're just looking for a good quality waterproof, I'm another vote for Showers Pass, I have the Elite and it's very good (Though I've put on a bit of weight and mine doesn't currently fit...)
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

Do you need it to be waterproof?

If not, then I wear a Polaris RBS (Really Bright Stuff) jacket. Fits me fine and I’m a 48 chest and 6ft 2 in. Plenty big enough and they are currently on offer. Mainly yellow with an orange stripe and silver reflectives. Mine is XXL but you would probably be ok with. XL. Some retailers sell them too - got mine from Go Outdoors.

https://www.polaris-bikewear.co.uk/RBS- ... 1453-p.htm
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

One of those with a spray of proofer does quite well actually in drizzle.