Abus-One key - How does it operate?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
notxal

Abus-One key - How does it operate?

Post by notxal »

I've a recently purchased Ebike with an Abus fitted Lock for the battery removal. In the literature is shows there is a method of keeping or using the same key when you purchase a D lock. I've looked at the web site which advertises it but it doesn't explain how also emailed Abus but not yet received an answer as to how this is achieved.
gaz

Re: Abus-One key - How does it operate?

Post by gaz »

Welcome to the forum.

It appears your existing 'One Key' has a 'code card' from which your Abus dealer can order a lock which takes an identical key.

Details here.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
RickH

Post by RickH »

notxal wrote:I've a recently purchased Ebike with an Abus fitted Lock for the battery removal. In the literature is shows there is a method of keeping or using the same key when you purchase a D lock. I've looked at the web site which advertises it but it doesn't explain how also emailed Abus but not yet received an answer as to how this is achieved.

When I enquired about getting a keyed alike Abus lock to go with an existing one I was told the surcharge for getting another with the same key would be around 20-30%. I didn't take it any further with an order for an 80 euro lock (in my case I went for the cheaper option of the slightly increased price for a different colour so I could tell the two apart easily).
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
ratherbeintobago

Post by ratherbeintobago »

It'd be interesting to see if the surcharge is the same in the UK, but 20-30% would be off-putting, tbh.
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Have we got time for another cuppa?
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Audax67 wrote:LPL vs Abus:

https://youtu.be/PtdiO1ZiiXk

For those not familiar with LPL this is extremely high praise.

His last few videos have included a combination lock he picked by sight as well as a couple of fun safes which he openned in three different ways, each taking less than a couple of seconds.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.