Best place to ride a time trial bike

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
pete75

Re: Best place to ride a time trial bike

Post by pete75 »

This website might be a good place to look. Shows many "official" time trial courses. The sort you're looking for are mainly east of Sheffield over towards Retford.

https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/fi ... 7456054688
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

mattsccm wrote:If you can squeeze some 25mm + tyres in why not use the gravel railway lines that run through the Peak District? I did.

Why do you need 25mm tyres to do that? i've regularly ridden them on 23's and even on 22mm tubs and have done since they were opened.

Don't think it would be much use to the OP anyway - too much other 'traffic' on them to safely get on the tri bars and get your nose down! :roll:
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
Rod Goodfellow

Post by Rod Goodfellow »

Or the A6 between the roundabouts at Bakewell and Matlock,about 15 miles a lap and not too busy.
mcshroom

Post by mcshroom »

The road out from Goole towards Scunthorpe following the rivers over the Isle of Axholme is about as flat a road as I can think of round there. Lightly trafficked, and with only a few corners to negotiate.