Bike Sales

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Shoogle

Bike Sales

Post by Shoogle »

Are there any lists published of bikes sold? Did the Carrera Subway sell more than the Pinnacle Lithium? Does the Thorn Nomad sell more than the Surly Long Haul Trucker? Did the Salsa Vaya sell more than the Santos Travelmaster? How many Genesis Longitudes were sold? Does Cannondale sell more bikes than Trek?
fastpedaller

Re: Bike Sales

Post by fastpedaller »

Why would it be relevant? I (for one) would like to think buyers should buy the bike most suitable to their needs rather than 'following the herd'
Shoogle

Post by Shoogle »

I don't intend to buy any of these bikes, although I have a Longitude; I was just curious.
De Sisti

Post by De Sisti »

Shoogle wrote:Are there any lists published of bikes sold? Did the Carrera Subway sell more than the Pinnacle Lithium? Does the Thorn Nomad sell more than the Surly Long Haul Trucker? Did the Salsa Vaya sell more than the Santos Travelmaster? How many Genesis Longitudes were sold? Does Cannondale sell more bikes than Trek?

Contact the public relations or sales department of each company in order to get the stats. :idea:
AndyK

Post by AndyK »

The Bicycle Association has the answers - or as near as you're likely to get. But unless you're a bike dealer yourself, you'll have to pay handsomely for access to the data. And I think it only goes down to type of bike and brand, not individual models - so for instance it might tell you if Carrera hybrid bikes outsell Pinnacle hybrids, but not whether the Subway outsells the Lithium.
https://www.bicycle-association.org.uk/ ... nu-section
If you follow Bikebiz.com or Cycle Indutry News they'll often have news stories with random snippets of data about the market.
Shoogle

Post by Shoogle »

I thought as much. Here’s the reply I got from Genesis:
Attachments
Genesis.jpg
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Why would you give you competitors commercialy sensitive information?!!

Cheers James
Shoogle

Post by Shoogle »

Are there not 'top ten selling cars' lists'? I don't drive so I never look at things like that.
richardfm

Post by richardfm »

Shoogle wrote:Are there not 'top ten selling cars' lists'? I don't drive so I never look at things like that.

There are, but all cars are registered with the DVLA when they are sold, so the information isn't private.
Richard M
Cardiff