Tacx Blue Matic assembly

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Pete D

Tacx Blue Matic assembly

Postby Pete D » 24 Mar 2020, 8:30pm

Hi,

I am unable to ride outside at present due to a ripped tendon in my finger which means I can’t brake. I am, however, lucky enough to have a Tacx Blue Matic turbo trainer which I got a few months ago but had not yet unboxed until yesterday. The problem is, I am perhaps the least technical person, which combined with my damaged finger means I am having trouble assembling the damn thing.

My main question is in regard to the attachment of the flywheel. I am trying to put in a Trek racing bike with a 700x25 tyre, so I assume from the instruction picture below that I need to use position 2, i.e. the lower of the two positions on the instruction manual picture below.

My very simple, and probably daft question is: does the screw exit the opposite side on the top or bottom whole? I am assuming the top – mainly because I’m buggered if I can get it to exit the other one.

Does anyone know which is correct?

Of course the next issue I have is changing the QR skewer on the bike which seems fused solid – and with my gammy hand it is going to be a nightmare. Hoping some WD40 will do the trick. But one step at a time. Any advice on the initial question above, most gratefully received.

Cheers
[img]
tacx_blue_matic.jpg
[/img]
Image Attachments
tacx_blue_matic.jpg

Norman H

Re: Tacx Blue Matic assembly

Postby Norman H » 25 Mar 2020, 7:51am

Yes, you should use position 2, the lower pair of holes. The screws should also exit through the lower pair of holes.

Edit to add:-

I assume that the screws should exit through the lower holes but its possible that the holes are drilled on the diagonal, in which case the reverse would be true

Pete D

Postby Pete D » 25 Mar 2020, 5:25pm

Thanks, Norman. I'll try to get the screws through both bottom holes again and see how I get on.

Pete D

Postby Pete D » 26 Mar 2020, 12:43pm

For anyone who is interested, I appear to have solved the issue. After looking at a review of the model here: http://runnersandriderstraining.blogspo ... ainer.html

it turns out that the instruction manual is wrong, and the screws should go through position 1 for a 700 wheel. Not too much of a surprise, considering they also mixed up the max and min measurements in instruction manual in the image above.

Anyway, it's all good to go now, and I can keep some semblance of fitness during this lockdown.

Keep safe and well everyone.