Sizing a Genesis Vagabond Frame

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
reohn2

Re: Sizing a Genesis Vagabond Frame

Post by reohn2 »

Yes a layback seatpost would work bettr for you I think this one has fine micro adjustment a 25mm laback:- https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/seat-posts/ ... ck-350-mm/
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
skywalker482

Post by skywalker482 »

I put a 60mm stem on as this is what I believe comes on the stock/factory medium longitude... is that wrong??

Has anyone bought a complete longitude that can advise otherwise?

Ive got other stems I can play with. Not sure what setback the seatpost has but its not a lot. I'll try another. Was looking at thomson layback but it only has 15mm layback which is not a lot.
skywalker482

Post by skywalker482 »

Reach actually feel ok to me....just need butt to be further back..
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

skywalker482 wrote:Reach actually feel ok to me....just need butt to be further back..

Once the saddle position is correct in relation to the BB(in your case needs to be further back) then you decide on reach via stem length.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
nantman85

Post by nantman85 »

skywalker482 wrote:I built this myself... Mines a medium and at 178cm roughly 5ft9.5 with a short inseam I actually find myself hanging over the back of the saddle and its as far back as it'll go... is there something I'm missing? Perhaps I should drop the bars a bit or put flat bars on... any advice appreciated. Wondering if i shouldve gone large but from reading this thread you all seem fine on mediums in my height range... it is comfy. Perhaps a seatpost with more layback as the genesis post only has a little set back. Ive got a fair bit of steerer left to play with.. and currently stem is about 30mm above the top of headtube.

Sorry for replying on such an old thread! I am the same height as you and debating whether to get a medium or large. Do you get any toe overlap on the medium?
I was planning on running with flat bars so the reach of the large would not trouble me, just the stand over height. My road bike has stand over of 805mm.
Cheers
skywalker482

Post by skywalker482 »

Medium is spot on for me and I don't get any toe overlap and even with front guards fitted i rarely touch the guard with my foot..... Definitely not when they're not fitted.