Bike Storage... please help

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Stradageek

Re: Bike Storage... please help

Post by Stradageek »

Cyril Haearn wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 11:39am
Stradageek wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 8:40am I'm a big fan of the 'Steve Shelter', pioneered by my daughters friend. It is basically an outdoor bike shed without walls. It requires a reasonably secure garden, a wall and a bit of space
I'll take a few pictures if anyone is interested.
Please do
Pictures below: my shelter fits in a convenient unused alley, so it doesn't need the tarpaulin side that my daughter's has. The tarpaulin is actually an old tent ground sheet attached to the long exposed side with a staple gun and weighted at the bottom edge with a length of 2x1 also stapled on. The open ends admit so little rain it's not worth enclosing them. My daughters also has a wooden roof (thin tongue and groove boarding) rather than plastic. This combats the winds in her Sheffield back yard which could lift my plastic roof.
IMG_0426C.jpg
IMG_0427C.jpg
IMG_0429C.jpg
Ianwhitwell

Post by Ianwhitwell »

bought one of these to secure my wife's new and expensive bikes. once fitted you can't access the bolts, probably need to demolish the garage wall to get it loose.
https://securityforbikes.com/proddetail ... MaxiAnchor

and one of these for my own new bike fitted to a cheap storage hanger above her bike
https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-a ... 25566.html

bought secured to these anchors with gold sold secure locks
Imagedownload/file.php?mode=view&id=82771htt ... w&id=82770
Attachments
IMG_5295.jpg
IMG_5296.jpg
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

Stradageek wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 1:09pm
Cyril Haearn wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 11:39am
Stradageek wrote: 30 Apr 2021, 8:40am I'm a big fan of the 'Steve Shelter', pioneered by my daughters friend. It is basically an outdoor bike shed without walls. It requires a reasonably secure garden, a wall and a bit of space
I'll take a few pictures if anyone is interested.
Please do
Pictures below: my shelter fits in a convenient unused alley, so it doesn't need the tarpaulin side that my daughter's has. The tarpaulin is actually an old tent ground sheet attached to the long exposed side with a staple gun and weighted at the bottom edge with a length of 2x1 also stapled on. The open ends admit so little rain it's not worth enclosing them. My daughters also has a wooden roof (thin tongue and groove boarding) rather than plastic. This combats the winds in her Sheffield back yard which could lift my plastic roof.IMG_0426C.jpgIMG_0427C.jpgIMG_0429C.jpg
I like that: it’s a good idea.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
soapbox

Post by soapbox »

A piece of raised scaffold pole allows bikes to be held aloft simply by hooking the saddle over the pole, and allows easy access for all the bikes. Not the best use of spce in all environments though.