BLACKBURN bar-end multi-mirror

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Has anyone experience with these?
Any anecdotes?
Any problems?
Any advice?
Any really good points?
Anything...................?
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: BLACKBURN bar-end multi-mirror

Post by Mick F »

Dunno about the Blacburn, but I have the B+M Cyclestar on Moulton and on Mercian.
Very pleased indeed.

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/accessories ... r-end-fit/
Mick F. Cornwall
Vetus Ossa

Post by Vetus Ossa »

I have a couple and they are very good, I found them much better than the often recommended here, B&M ones.
The downside is they stick out from your handlebar ends a fair amount and as I have to go through eight gates on one of my regular rides, I was continually knocking them and had to keep adjusting them after. It’s not a big deal, just annoying.
I have retired mine now for that reason and now use a cateye BM 45, which although smaller, I much prefer.
Beauty will save the world.
roberts8

Post by roberts8 »

I have a barend Cateye and really like it. It can be knocked by my knee but easy to adjust and gives a good enough rear view but still worth a quick over shoulder look before altering road position. I would buy another one.
Vetus Ossa

Post by Vetus Ossa »

roberts8 wrote:I have a barend Cateye and really like it. It can be knocked by my knee but easy to adjust and gives a good enough rear view but still worth a quick over shoulder look before altering road position. I would buy another one.

I guess yours is fitted to drop bar which I purchased mine for, but ended up using on my straight bar bike.
I can’t fault it for use on straight bars but do see it could get knocked on drops, though I think most could.
Beauty will save the world.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Thank you everyone, for your responses so far.

The reason I'm asking is that I have 'Sprintech Racing Road mirrors' (from SJS) on my bike, but I've caught and broken one of them, and need to replace it.

I enquired here about other people's experience, just to check whether there's an alternative which may be as good, or preferable.
There was a similar thread some time ago (Two years ish?), and if I remember correctly someone was asking the same question about the 'Sprintech Racing Road mirrors'. A friend of mine was riding with some 'Sprintech Racing Road mirrors' and I'd bought mine on the strength of his good experience.

Whilst nothing is ever 100%, I'm very pleased with my 'Sprintechs', but I just wondered whether it was worth trying an alternative.

The only downside that I've found with my 'Sprintechs' so far is that their distancing is dependant on my (drop) bar widths. Adjustment therefore has to be really accurate to get the best out of them. In a way I'm lucky because although being a small bloke my shoulders are quite wide and I do need wide drops - 44mm. Saddlebags (as opposed to the rack-packs I use) adversely affect rear-vision............and panniers don't help.

Everyone's comments will be welcome.
sharpedge

Post by sharpedge »

I fitted one on my two wheeler when I had that - put a short extension on the bar end facing forward and the mirror on the end of that. Now I am on the recumbent trike I have done the same, Great mirror and fitted this way puts them more out of harms way.