Cycling Mitt Recommendations

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Cycling Mitt Recommendations

Postby Mick F » 26 Jun 2020, 8:44am

rmurphy195 wrote:I don't think that wearing a latex glove - or any other sort or that matter - to try on a glove will give the required result - the latex glove will stick like hell to the mitt that you are trying on!
I'm going to try it on my present mitts as I have a box of gloves ............. but I suspect you are correct.
Mick F. Cornwall

Mick F
Spambuster

Postby Mick F » 26 Jun 2020, 9:00am

Just tried it.
No problems whatsoever, and in fact, the mitts just slid on easier than with an ungloved hand.
Mick F. Cornwall

pwa

Postby pwa » 26 Jun 2020, 9:14am

Mick F wrote:Just tried it.
No problems whatsoever, and in fact, the mitts just slid on easier than with an ungloved hand.

Why not just put sanitiser on your hands, try gloves on as you would have done pre-Covid, then more sanitiser after you are done, with no touching your face in between?

Mick F
Spambuster

Postby Mick F » 26 Jun 2020, 10:08am

Until I either get to Evans or phone to ask, I don't know what their policy is regarding clothing of any kind, let alone their mitts.

These look nice.
https://www.evanscycles.com/castelli-ar ... t-EV358838
Trouble is with me, is that I have big hands but not massive ones, and I seem to lie between Large and Extra-Large .......... hence why I want to try them on first.
Mick F. Cornwall

rmurphy195

Postby rmurphy195 » 30 Jun 2020, 9:49pm

Mick F wrote:Until I either get to Evans or phone to ask, I don't know what their policy is regarding clothing of any kind, let alone their mitts.

These look nice.
https://www.evanscycles.com/castelli-ar ... t-EV358838
Trouble is with me, is that I have big hands but not massive ones, and I seem to lie between Large and Extra-Large .......... hence why I want to try them on first.

At that price you don't want to get it wrong! Especially if, like me, one hand is slightly bigger than the other .. Good luck
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !