Casual shorts...

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Clouded Leopard

Re: Casual shorts...

Postby Clouded Leopard » 27 Jun 2020, 12:25pm

As mentioned previously Rohan Shorts are brilliant. They may seem expensive but I am still wearing some I bought in the late eighties along with is now called “Goa” top. Nice and baggy with plenty of pockets. Bye the bye most of my Rohan kit is over 20 years old, still looking good even the green label ones.
When the earth becomes sick the animals will begin to die. When that happens The Warriors of the Rainbow will come to save them.

Vorpal

Postby Vorpal » 27 Jun 2020, 12:59pm

Have a look at someplace like TK Maxx. They often have good quality outdoor wear at good prices. Cycling specific will have reinforcement in key areas, but I increasingly see mulit-purpose outdoor wear with the same characteristics.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

TimeTraveller

Postby TimeTraveller » 29 Jun 2020, 9:03am

I ride in Decathlon rockrider shorts
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/st-500-mountain-bike-shorts-id_8555823.html
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/st100-padded-mountain-bike-shorts-black-id_8381864.html
not bad for the money and a bit more conservative than lycra..
They sell a few different version but I have a few and they all look quite relaxed on, prices vary on model of shorts but even my cheapest have been great.

nomm

Postby nomm » 29 Jun 2020, 10:49am

Thanks for the feedback -

I've had a MW pair before and I found the cut a bit baggy and they also wore quickly - I have also previously tried on Vulpine (thin and badly made, shame as I have a jacket of theirs thats been fantastic over the years) and cafe du cyclist (expensive, bizarre cut and very thick)

If the above decathlons come back into stock in both S and M then I will also give them a go

I have ordered a range of the Swrve and Rohan (which I didn't know about before) - expensive, yes but my Howies were not cheap and they have given me years of multi-sport use. Someone at work (who cycles more miles than anyone I know) swears by his Raphas so plan C might be an expensive belated fathers day gift to myself.

Thankfully there were some Rohan sale items so hopefully they will fit the bill