Gopro battery charge

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
nez

Gopro battery charge

Postby nez » 25 Jul 2020, 8:02pm

I have a GoPro hero 4 which I've had for a few years. I used it when I first bought it but found the battery was insufficient to keep it going for very long, so I eventually gave up. On the other hand I have a Cycliq Fly 6 on the back that works great. A recent experience where someone in a car followed me onto a roundabout then overtook me so they could turn left (and prove I'm good at emergency braking) convinced me I should take this front facing camera business more seriously. Has anyone solved the problem of short battery life on Gopros? I've used several batteries including a piggyback one, all to no avail. I'm loathe to cough up for another full price GoPro if I can't guarantee it running for a couple of hours.

Redvee

Re: Gopro battery charge

Postby Redvee » 25 Jul 2020, 11:40pm

I've used my Hero5 with a powerbank, obvioulsy you need to keep the door open but if you're using it in a car water ingress won't be an issue. I did buy a back-up battery for my Hero5 that sat in a case beside the camera but only charged the camera when the battery was flat, you couldn't run the camera continuously with it.

nez

Re: Gopro battery charge

Postby nez » 25 Jul 2020, 11:47pm

Redvee wrote:I've used my Hero5 with a powerbank, obvioulsy you need to keep the door open but if you're using it in a car water ingress won't be an issue. I did buy a back-up battery for my Hero5 that sat in a case beside the camera but only charged the camera when the battery was flat, you couldn't run the camera continuously with it.

Thanks. I wasn’t clear - i have this mounted on my bike.