Brompton electric scooter

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
GOHughes

Brompton electric scooter

Post by GOHughes »

I received an email yesterday from Brompton, as I'm sure many other members have, with a link to a survey on electric bikes and electric scooters. This made me wonder whether Brompton is developing an electric scooter now that the law is changing to make them road-legal.
Cunobelin

Re: Brompton electric scooter

Post by Cunobelin »

Had to laugh at this

Good old Nick Freeman.... apparently they will cause an increase in motorist prosecutions!

“If you are involved in an accident where someone has a serious injury and or is fatally injured and you’re on your phone, they’ve nipped in and out and you haven't seen them because you were distracted, you will be charged with probable cause of death by dangerous driving.

“Or certainly a fatal due care [and attention] which is five years in prison, death by dangerous driving is 14 years so it's going to be a nightmare for the motorist.

What can you really say.... His argument is that e-scooters should be banned because motorists may be prosecuted for driving illegally
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Just read the Nick Freeman article,does he know just how ridiculous his statement is? :shock:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

GOHughes wrote:I received an email yesterday from Brompton, as I'm sure many other members have ..........

Members of what?

CyclingUK?
Mick F. Cornwall
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

I get regular update emails from Brompton, but didn't get this one. Targeting?

My last one from them was about a petition to keep up the Covid cycle improvements (some hope). Signed it and forwarded the link to a few other people. Every little helps.