SAMEBIKE L026 (folding e-bike 500 watt)

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Robertkelly123

SAMEBIKE L026 (folding e-bike 500 watt)

Post by Robertkelly123 »

This great looking e-bike is available on Gearbest.com for around £458. This represents great value for a 500 watt ebike.
Now I already have an e-bike but I am a bit concerned as it only gets about 5 miles per charge, so I see all these new one's
online advertising 30 - 70 km per charge which would be great.Plus a NEW bike in the post is a GREAT present to one's self
everything shiny and new.So my question is :Should I take the plunge and go for a new Samebike, or stick with what I have.
I could buy the Samebike, which would use all my my monthly allowance, then sell my current bike and use the funds from that
sale to buy electic, gas and shopping etc...I think I should do it!!! I would value any opinions from any current Samebike owners out
there as they would have evaluated the bike, and formed an opinion of it. I have read good reviews of it myself on Gearbest.

kellyrobert605@gmail.com

Cheers Rob
hemo

Re: SAMEBIKE L026 (folding e-bike 500 watt)

Post by hemo »

Maybe post in the correct sub forum to get answers ?

If your existing bike only does 5 miles then the battery is shagged so needs replacing.
Robertkelly123

Post by Robertkelly123 »

Well NO both my batteries are New, one is a few months old and the other even less!!! This is just the range my bike achieves?
I think I will be buying a new Samebike anyway, this will do more miles and will probably have more power too!!! then sell this e-bike.
Rob
hemo

Post by hemo »

If one thinks 5 miles form anew battery is acceptable then carry on, for my ebike batteries I expect at least 30+ miles dependant on it's capacity.
asinus

Post by asinus »

A 500W motor will take twice as much juice as the 250W road-legal maximum, and so if ridden on full power a small battery might run out after not very far - how many Ah is the battery, and what is the voltage (multiplied, they give the total energy stored in Watt-hours)? On the principle that you get what you pay for, I'd be cautious about buying an e-bike for so little - good ones tend to be £1000+.