Of a peaked cap with mesh insert in peak?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
LittleGreyCat

Re: Of a peaked cap with mesh insert in peak?

Postby LittleGreyCat » 3 Sep 2020, 7:54pm

pwa wrote:Taller sunglasses?
This sort of shape (not necessarily at this price):

https://www.oakley.com/en-gb/product/W0 ... 8392342317

As I wear prescription lenses I would have to find something that fitted over them and covered more face area.

LittleGreyCat

Postby LittleGreyCat » 3 Sep 2020, 7:59pm

Navara wrote:
LittleGreyCat wrote:To all those suggesting a traditional cycling cap where you can flip the peak up.
I wimped out of mentioning that I wear it under a cycle helmet (to avoid instant flame wars).
The cycle helmet prevents me from flipping up the peak of the cap (or twizzling it around, or perching it over one ear, or...).

Will you wear it under a "road" or "MTB" helmet?
I have no problems flipping the peak up on both summer and winter caps worn under my road helmet.The peak on MTB helmets would possibly prevent this being an option.

I think that I must have an MTB helmet?
Lidl's finest and it fits very comfortably but has a plastic peak.
I'll dig out my cycling cap again and give it a try at flipping up - it was a little on the tight side and gave me a headache.

Brucey

Postby Brucey » 3 Sep 2020, 8:20pm

the peak which is built in to most MTB helmets is removable; in some cases it is designed to come on and off as you wish, in others it is intended to pop off (sometimes permanently, i.e. one-time only) in the event of a prang.

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

offroader

Postby offroader » 3 Sep 2020, 11:19pm

A google for golf visor throws up some coloured plastic options which might be useful. Plus being a hatless brim they could potentially be rotated to jaunty angles despite a helmet

You'll might look a prize turnip but, as the old saying goes, if the sort of cap thing fits......