Frame damaged on first ride

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
philvantwo

Re: Frame damaged on first ride

Post by philvantwo »

Ribble only give you a 2year warranty on their frames now, it used to be 6years. Mine lasted 7yrs!
sjs

Post by sjs »

Syd wrote:
Morzedec wrote:Simples: don't buy a bike online.

Go to a bike shop instead.

I’ve bought a number of bikes from bike shops and, will only one exception (the one with Di2), have had to tweak gears on every one though only 1 has involved having to adjust end stops.

I bought a bike from a well respected local shop, took it for a spin around the block, and had the left pedal fall off. Presumably because some idiot didn't know about the LH thread and had jammed it in as best he could.
PH

Post by PH »

Jd843 wrote:Update: it’s taken a month, but I finally got a refund :D

Now I just need a new bike...

That’s good news.
Is there any reason not to replace it with the same? After all it was the bike you chose a short while ago, and the issue could have happened on any.
IMO you’ve had good service from the retailer, I’d be inclined to at least reward them with a sale.
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

A month for a refund? That's poor customer service!
PH

Post by PH »

philvantwo wrote:A month for a refund? That's poor customer service!

Well, it's not an unusual timescale, as the OP says
But then again, they were quite apologetic in their emails, so maybe the inspection is just standard procedure even if the pictures show exactly what the problem is.

IMO. if the bike shop had decided not to take responsibility, it wouldn't have been a simple task to demonstrate it was their fault. I's just an opinion, but I'd have felt satisfied with the result.