flat sole shoes

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
bongo

flat sole shoes

Post by bongo »

I'm after some flat soled shoes. Like the Shimano GR5 but nowhere in Edinburgh to buy or try them on (can't be doing with online buy/return on things like shoes where fit/comfort is crucial). Anyone know where they might be stocked in Edinburgh? I've tried Evans and a few other places. If anyone owns a pair, do you rate them?
A cheap meantime alternative (until travel to bigger city is possible) I'm thinking of is Airwalk skater shoes Brock or similar from Sportdirect, anyone tried these and some feedback on them?
I realise that these options are a bit chalk and cheese, but lockdown limits things.
Any other suggestions I can look out for (drawback I know is stock and try on locally, limits options) along the lines of above? Also is a waterproof/ish option available in flat sole/skater type cycle shoe?

Thanks
peetee

Re: flat sole shoes

Post by peetee »

Halfords sell them.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Edinburgh Bicycle sell them only mention 47 in stock though.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
deeferdonk

Post by deeferdonk »

Check out Adidas Five Ten range if possible. Can't advise on stockists near you though.
bongo

Post by bongo »

Thanks for replies.
Peetee I'd seen that but, "not available online, not available locally". Don't really shop much in Halfords but they have been suffering for months with short stocks on many things it seems.
I'd seen the Five Ten range, so good shout, but again hard to find in the flesh locally to try. I'm an average foot 10 or 10.5UK (rarely 11UK depending) so not looking for the unusual.
I'm guessing most people are buying online and going the return rigamarole if unsuitable. With fitted items I'm reluctant, especially when sizing seems to be increasingly less standardized.
Keep looking...