Holland Bike shop online failed deliveries?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Sam Retro Grouch

Holland Bike shop online failed deliveries?

Post by Sam Retro Grouch »

Hello all, just wondering if anyone else has purchased from HollandBikeShop.com I've ordered some parts from them and seemingly no delivery is materialising, has anyone else had issues with them? Is it a site to avoid in the future?
Many thanks.
Oldjohnw

Re: Holland Bike shop online failed deliveries?

Post by Oldjohnw »

I have had stuff without a problem in the past. Aren't deliveries a problem for many companies just now as.some stock is low? How they keep customers informed is another matter.
Last edited by Oldjohnw on 16 Dec 2020, 8:06am, edited 1 time in total.
John
tatanab

Post by tatanab »

Are you sure it is not just delayed due to massive backlogs in the post and courier systems? I know that first class post is taking up to 4 days at the moment.
Sam Retro Grouch

Oldjohnw wrote:I have had stuff without a problem in the past. Aren't deliveries a problem for many companies just now as.some stock is low? How they keep customers informed is another matter.

Good to hear you have prior good experience, I'll wait, mind you it's all I can do. Thanks for the info.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

The points about stock and logistics have already been made. My guess would be congestion and delay at the ports.

They've always responded to my emails quickly and helpfully and there's a comment to the same effect in the archives somewhere... have you asked them?

EDITED: There's a note about delays on their home page, and it says that you can track delivery status online.

Jonathan
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

I’ve ordered from them: never any problems. Good shop.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
backnotes

Post by backnotes »

They have been fine for me in the past.

Last order was on 14/11/20. It took 3 days to be dispatched. It then took 2 days to arrive via PostNL

Sequence of received email subject lines after order went:

14/11 - Order processing
14/11 - Receipt of your payment
14/11 - Update regarding your order
Your order will be shipped in 1 - 2 business days.
17/11 - Track and Trace order: xxxxxx
Your order has been sent to…… email with a clickable PostNL tracking link

Items arrived 2 days later.

So, have you had an equivalent of the 17/11 email? This would let you track status.
Sam Retro Grouch

Yes I've got that email, re track and trace, it's currently telling me it arrived in the UK on 21st Dec. And has no known date for delivery to me yet, original order was placed on the 9th December. So I'm somewhat flustered. But still waiting.
Graham

Post by Graham »

I ordered a replacement pack of Philips razor heads on 1st Dec 20. They were dispatched from Philips Netherlands using the "free" delivery option. They arrived 20 days later.

The replacement heads were very impressive ( compared to the 2.5 year old ones ). I thought I had better stock up - before they stop making them.
PS Loads of fakes around for shaver part replacements.

Next order 21st Dec 20 . . . . . me expecting a loooong delay : chaos for Xmas + Covid + Brexit + Apocalypse . . . They arrived after a couple of days ( again from NL ).

Crazy times.
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

I had to order a pair of new blades for my Whal hair clippers, normally you send the old ones back to be sharpened but they've stopped this due to the pandemic. Amazing how much sharper they are!
For a proper shave try a double edged razor!
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

I ordered a battery headlamp from Holland Bike Shop on 22 December, arrived 4 January. Well packaged, more than happy. Good service.
L+1

Post by L+1 »

A quick check on their website this morning reveals the following message
“ Unfortunately, delivery to Great Britain is temporarily unavailable”

Fingers crossed the use of “temporarily” here and elsewhere is correct and these companies are actively investigating/being advised how they can conform to the new UK regulations.

I’m pleased that you have received your order as expected amidst all the chaos
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

Yes. I must admit I put my order in, in anticipation of complexities that may emerge from Brexit. I thought (correctly) that potential for delays over posting during the holiday period were the lesser of risks. Sadly, they seem to have pulled the plug. Hopefully just temporarily. I've found it, and its Continental brethren are a good place to go for a choice of lights with fitting options that aren't necessarily "on trend" and available in our domestic marketplace.