Amazon Account

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Bonefishblues

Re: Amazon Account

Postby Bonefishblues » 20 Dec 2020, 9:38am

thirdcrank wrote:Twice yesterday when I typed Amazon in the text of a post some sort of pop-up in Russian came up advertising Amazon music. That seems weird because you'd have to be able to read Cyrillic script to know what it was about.

Говорит Москва ......?

I don't think your aunt's a water buffalo, is she?

thirdcrank

Postby thirdcrank » 20 Dec 2020, 9:54am

No but I've been posting on here recently about both having studied Russian and my experience with Amazon Prime.

Perhaps my pop-up is more a case of слушает Москва - Moscow is listening, than Говорит Москва. Or a case of me being a bit paranoid.

Говорит Москва is the name of what was a Soviet radio station = Moscow calling. It's a long-running joke in thirdcrank towers. In our student days my wife-to-be had various posters up in her flat, as students used to do. She wasn't doing Russian and it's always been pronounced as though it was Roman script = Tobopit Mockba (Should be gavoreet Moskvar)

End of twaddle post

simonineaston

Postby simonineaston » 14 Jan 2021, 2:44pm

Amazon being tackled over their sundry 'prime' account shenanigans. Good. Not saying it doesn't suit some people...
(rides: Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)

leftpoole

Postby leftpoole » 21 Jan 2021, 2:26pm

Bonefishblues wrote:We're Prime subscribers (or however it's termed). I rate it as good value for us.

I am also. Excellent value.
For those who cannot find a way to stop Free Prime, you had better simply slow down and read! It is not a problem. It is not a problem to close Amazon account.
Just slow down, take a deep breath and read.

philvantwo

Postby philvantwo » 21 Jan 2021, 3:40pm

I find the amazon locker handy but to me £80 for amazon prime is just dead money. Most things are cheaper elsewhere and I use music download app for free!

Grandad

Postby Grandad » 21 Jan 2021, 4:07pm

I took up the one month free trial at the beginning of December and the quick delivery avoided many of the postal/other courier delays. Cancelled at the end of the month. Take advantage of them :D

andrew_s

Postby andrew_s » 21 Jan 2021, 10:21pm

Syd wrote:Start the free trial then, immediately, head over to the correct part if the site and cancel.
Amazon will continue the trial until the 30 days are up then terminate it.

I've just been forced to do this, having failed to locate all of the "deliver without Prime" options at checkout (I selected it at about 3 steps before it caught me).
A side effect was that the order got scrubbed, and I was in no mood to put it back in again.

Cancelling Prime wasn't as difficult as I expected.

Jdsk

Postby Jdsk » 21 Jan 2021, 10:26pm