Amazon Account

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
jb

Re: Amazon Account

Post by jb »

The benefit of prime seems to be with telly programs, so no benefit at all to me. The "non of these" button is in small letters next to the big fat letters offering free delivery, though it will probably change before long.
I've never ordered anything I needed the next day, and wouldn't trust it to arrive even if I did.
Cheers
J Bro
scottg

Post by scottg »

Ever notice how much more free stuff costs in time
and faffing about ?

Anything free is worth what you paid for it.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Deutsche Luftschiffahrts-AG
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Syd

Post by Syd »

Grandad wrote:
To cancel your free trial, click here or you can follow below easy steps:
Go to Manage Your Prime membership.
Click Manage Membership located at the top of the page, and then End trial and benefits
In the cancellation page, you can click End my benefits or Continue to cancel.
Since you are on your free trial period, you will not be charged for your current membership period.

I'm on a free trial - will cancel 2 days before the end

Start the free trial then, immediately, head over to the correct part if the site and cancel.

Amazon will continue the trial until the 30 days are up then terminate it.
iandusud

Post by iandusud »

I think I might be the only member of my family (wife and 5 kids) who hasn't been caught out with a Free Prime Account Trial. In most instances they have only realised when they see the money going out on their bank statement, in some instances several months later. In each case Amazon have given a full refund upon request. They are clearly aware that their method of catching people out is dodgy!
hemo

Post by hemo »

I was also auto enrolled in to the free prime con recently after purchasing an item, I seldom use the sight except for comparison reasons. I let it roll towards the end of the free trial then deleted my card details and also cancelled the the subscription to Prime, I had no issues in cancelling but do keep the account still.
atlas_shrugged

Post by atlas_shrugged »

+1 on this thread. I also got caught like this and luckily I happened to check my bank statement. This is a despicable practice.

Large corporations are run by psychopaths who just don't care at all about their customers.

Try a 24 hour blockade of one of their warehouses. That may get their attention.
thornie1543

Post by thornie1543 »

I worked in an amazon warehouse for a few years,no sorry that should be fulfillment centre :? ,it actually hurts my soul that so many people don't know what a horrendous company they actually are.Enjoy your savings won't you.
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

atlas_shrugged wrote:+1 on this thread. I also got caught like this and luckily I happened to check my bank statement. This is a despicable practice.

Large corporations are run by psychopaths who just don't care at all about their customers.

Try a 24 hour blockade of one of their warehouses. That may get their attention.

I agree they trick you in, but they do tell you. I have looked back and got an email from them telling me I had 'joined'. In the small print below, it said:

"Your membership has a monthly duration and will be extended automatically for £7.99/month. If you don’t want your membership to extend automatically, you may change this in Your Account at any time by "

People who have only found out when they check their bank accounts should (maybe) have checked their email. I hardly ever use Amazon, but its there if I want it and I often use it to check a price or product. All I can say is buyer beware, it's no worse than many other internet facilities.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Forget Amazon.
I don't even look at it anymore.

Bought something from eBay yesterday afternoon with free delivery, and it arrived this morning.
No contract, no signing anything, no regular subscription, and no being conned into it all.
Mick F. Cornwall
Syd

Post by Syd »

thornie1543 wrote:I worked in an amazon warehouse for a few years,no sorry that should be fulfillment centre :? ,it actually hurts my soul that so many people don't know what a horrendous company they actually are.Enjoy your savings won't you.

I have recently employed someone who worked at a local “fulfilment centre”.

He does not speak highly of that experience.
jb

Post by jb »

thornie1543 wrote:I worked in an amazon warehouse for a few years,no sorry that should be fulfillment centre :? ,it actually hurts my soul that so many people don't know what a horrendous company they actually are.Enjoy your savings won't you.

What care we, wearing our fine silks gives the slaves their supper!
Cheers
J Bro
drossall

Post by drossall »

Drives me nuts too. And of course now we're getting bombarded with fraudulent calls telling us that we've taken out a Prime account and do we want to cancel it? Whilst these are absolutely not from Amazon, they are Amazon's fault. The only reason that the fraudsters can make money doing this is that there's a good chance that the random calls that they make will reach people who are worried that that last Amazon transaction might have included an unintended Prime subscription. And Amazon created and spread that amount of concern amongst their customers.
iandusud

Post by iandusud »

drossall wrote:Drives me nuts too. And of course now we're getting bombarded with fraudulent calls telling us that we've taken out a Prime account and do we want to cancel it? Whilst these are absolutely not from Amazon, they are Amazon's fault. The only reason that the fraudsters can make money doing this is that there's a good chance that the random calls that they make will reach people who are worried that that last Amazon transaction might have included an unintended Prime subscription. And Amazon created and spread that amount of concern amongst their customers.

There's also a good chance they'll come across someone who'll check and discover that they have inadvertently subscribed to Prime, giving them every reason to believe the call is genuine!
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Twice yesterday when I typed Amazon in the text of a post some sort of pop-up in Russian came up advertising Amazon music. That seems weird because you'd have to be able to read Cyrillic script to know what it was about.

Говорит Москва ......?
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

We're Prime subscribers (or however it's termed). I rate it as good value for us.