Didoo Cycling Clothing ?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
jaybee66

Didoo Cycling Clothing ?

Postby jaybee66 » 24 Dec 2020, 9:38am

Anybody familiar with this brand ?? - in need of a new top and like the style of these - just wondering if anybody has bought ?

See here https://ebay.to/3mI12zb

s-l1600 (6).jpg
https://ebay.to/3mI12zb

Paulatic

Re: Didoo Cycling Clothing ?

Postby Paulatic » 24 Dec 2020, 1:12pm

I think my days of buying specific cycling clothes have gone. Looking at that site it all looks very Chinese so be prepared sizes up from your usual and value should be good. Polyester is polyester the world over is it not?
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info

hamster

Postby hamster » 24 Dec 2020, 1:22pm

Paulatic wrote:Polyester is polyester the world over is it not?

Yes...but cloth grades are different, likewise how well stitched is it, is it a cheap zip that breaks rapidly? Most cheap Chinese fashion garments are garbage.

Finally: if it's super cheap has it been manufactured by forced labour or children? Big brands audit their suppliers. Google Uighurs.

Paulatic

Postby Paulatic » 24 Dec 2020, 1:32pm

hamster wrote:

Yes...but cloth grades are different, likewise how well stitched is it, is it a cheap zip that breaks rapidly? Most cheap Chinese fashion garments are garbage.

Finally: if it's super cheap has it been manufactured by forced labour or children? Big brands audit their suppliers. Google Uighurs.

I agree and a reason I’ve not bought for a few years now is that it’s plastic and ending up in our ecosystems. Whilst I still have some polyester clothing left, and will endeavour to wear it out, the last few years I’ve only bought natural fibres.

Oh hang on, just remembered I’ve bought a Pertex jacket and I wouldn’t go back to waxed cotton.
Oh well it’s the thought that counts ...right?
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info

delilah

Postby delilah » 24 Dec 2020, 3:24pm

Is it a jacket or is it a jersey? Which one do you want? There are conflicting descriptions in the add. In my opinion jersey's and jackets are different things?

simonhill

Postby simonhill » 24 Dec 2020, 5:25pm

Paulatic wrote:
hamster wrote:

I agree and a reason I’ve not bought for a few years now is that it’s plastic and ending up in our ecosystems. Whilst I still have some polyester clothing left, and will endeavour to wear it out, the last few years I’ve only bought natural fibres.

Oh hang on, just remembered I’ve bought a Pertex jacket and I wouldn’t go back to waxed cotton.

It must be Christmas as no one has jumped in to tell of the damage that cultivating cotton wreaks on the environment. Also about 20% of world cotton comes from China, with much of it implicated in forced labour.

The only answer is naked.

rmurphy195

Postby rmurphy195 » 24 Dec 2020, 10:53pm

Paulatic wrote:
hamster wrote:

Cotton - anyone see Stacey Dooley's program about the environmental impact of the use of Cotton?
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !

Syd

Postby Syd » 25 Dec 2020, 4:27pm

You get what you pay for. I have a pair of didoo padded undershorts that I wear under non-padded thermal bib tights for commuting in winter. My commute isn’t far.

They fit that purpose but I certainly wouldn’t use them for anything else.

rmurphy195

Postby rmurphy195 » 2 Jan 2021, 11:04pm

I have a pair of Didoo winter cycling gloves, They are comfortable and work well in cold, wet weather, they were quite cheap and I'm pleased with them. Some gel padding on various bits of the palms, flou yellow pathes on the palm, and fluo yellow backs.

I chose a size that's a good fit, so no room for undergloves, but a bigger size would have been too big for me.
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !

jaybee66

Postby jaybee66 » 4 Jan 2021, 9:45am

Thanks for the replies - I've ordered and will see how it works out.

Regards

J