Blackburn front light - missing charger

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
lucass_247

Blackburn front light - missing charger

Post by lucass_247 »

Good morning all;

I've recently got back into cycling, I did a 103 mile route for charity a couple of months back and am planning another similar ride as soon as possible.

With the shorter days I will definitely be needing my lights; I have found my front light, the Blackburn light as shown in the pictures but I cannot find my charger adaptor for it.

Long shot I know but does anyone have a spare or know where I can get hold of one? I can't find one for toffee on the net!

Many thanks in advance!

Luke
Attachments
20210106_104736.jpg
20210106_104730.jpg
rjb

Re: Blackburn front light - missing charger

Post by rjb »

Looks like the disc which clamps to the back of the light magnetically is the charger head which should have a usb cable attached.

If you search for blackburn scorch front light you can find the PDF instructions which show it.

https://www.blackburndesign.com/wp-cont ... Manual.pdf
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
lucass_247

Post by lucass_247 »

rjb wrote:Looks like the disc which clamps to the back of the light magnetically is the charger head which should have a usb cable attached.

If you search for blackburn scorch front light you can find the PDF instructions which show it.

https://www.blackburndesign.com/wp-cont ... Manual.pdf

Yep it's the magnetic dics usb charger that I'm missing. I cannot for the life of me find one anywhere online. The whole light shows as unavailable or discontinued everywhere.

I'm hoping (massively) that someone may have the magnetic charger and not the light, therefore allowing me to buy the charger off of them!

I can live it hope! :)
rjb

Post by rjb »

Contact Blackburn and see if they keep spares available, a DIY bodge shouldn't be difficult, how's your soldering skills. :wink:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D