Safety camera for commuting, Techalogic DC-1

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Jdsk

Re: Safety camera for commuting, Techalogic DC-1

Post by Jdsk »

Oorris wrote: 13 Jun 2021, 7:25pmRecently our local Police were happy to accept my b&w cctv footage of someone trying to steal from my car at night so I guess they'd accept decent colour video if necessary.
I suggest checking first.

Jonathan

PS: The variation between police forces is interesting, and IMHO a national minimum approach is an achievable goal.
ratherbeintobago

Post by ratherbeintobago »

I gather DCS Andy Cox (who is fairly prominent on Twitter on road policing) has had some input into draft national guidance. Let's hope it gets finalised...
ratherbeintobago

GoPro users - does the remote allow you to bookmark 'clips' to make them easier to find for future uploading?
ratherbeintobago

And also, does anyone know of a 50mm spacing rack bracket that would take a GoPro?
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

ratherbeintobago wrote: 14 Jun 2021, 10:52am I gather DCS Andy Cox (who is fairly prominent on Twitter on road policing) has had some input into draft national guidance. Let's hope it gets finalised...
Here's Andy Cox's manifesto (with apologies to the orthographers.)

https://www.lincs.police.uk/news-campai ... -andy-cox/
I am a serving Detective Chief Superintendent, Head of Crime at Lincolnshire Police and the national lead for fatal collision investigation reporting to the National Police Chiefs’ Council.
First, I've no idea of the extent to which individual forces are bound to comply with NPCC policies. (In the old ACPO days, individual chief constables agreed to follow ACPO policies unless they formally opted out.)

Then, there's a big difference between road policing - preventing or prosecuting cases of bad driving and the investigation of fatal collisions, which only becomes involved when the former has failed.
ratherbeintobago

Techalogic have just launched a pair of camera lights - linky
De Sisti

Post by De Sisti »

ratherbeintobago wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 2:33pm Techalogic have just launched a pair of camera lights - linky
Waiting for reviews.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

ratherbeintobago wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 2:33pm Techalogic have just launched a pair of camera lights - linky
Still a wile price though.
I am here. Where are you?
ratherbeintobago

De Sisti wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 3:08pm
Waiting for reviews.
I think road.cc have requested a review set
gazza_d

Post by gazza_d »

I have an unbranded version of the technologic rear camera and it's been very good over the last 9 months I've been running it and I'm very pleased with it. I wrote something about it here http://cyclingsouthtyne.blogspot.com/20 ... d.html?m=0

I also run a drift ghost X on the front.
ratherbeintobago

gazza_d wrote: 13 Sep 2021, 4:41pm I have an unbranded version of the technologic rear camera
Ah - I didn't realise it was a rebrand. Where did you get it from?
gazza_d

Post by gazza_d »

I found it on eBay, also on amazon. For the same price though so no bargain. If you rake though AliExpress you may find it cheaper direct from China.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

If experience is anything to go by these things should drop in price.
I am here. Where are you?
Revolution

Post by Revolution »

RecumbentRide wrote: 22 May 2021, 12:06am I will be posting about my experience of the Techalogic DC-1 shortly including mounting options so keep on eye on this thread :D
I am looking at options for a 'safety camera' and given the cost of Cycliq Fly would be interested to hear any feedback on this (Techalogic) or similar front and rear facing cameras. Like others have suggested on this thread, I would consider mounting one on a rucksack strap rather than helmet.
irc

Post by irc »

Safety camera? Does anyone feel safer with them? Is there a risk of risk compensation as in riding at places and times you would otherwise avoid because you can film the bad driving.

I ask because a local youtuber is involved in more "incidents" in a month than I am in a year.

Not in any way defending bad driving but I'd rather avoid it that be able to send clips to the police after it happend. I can honestly only think of a handful of incidents in the last 20 years where it would have warranted sending clips to the police.

Where I had to ride off the road to avoid being hit. A motorbiker leaving the road and coming onto the hard shoulder to buzz me. struggling to think of anything else.

Maybe I just have a high tolerance of less than perfect driving as long as it isn't intentionally dangerous? Any less than ideal overtake I know about before it happens using my mirror.