Strange items

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
fausto copy

Re: Strange items

Post by fausto copy »

Gentlemen, thank you one and all.

Foghat has brilliantly identified the hexagonal items and from his attached photo, I can understand their usage, but I haven't found the threaded connector / adaptor shown, though I did find several similar brass items.

To answer Norman, these items (and thousands others) were part of my mate Syd's humungous "cycling bits that might come in handy one day" collection, that I've now been sorting through for over four years and now realise it will probably take me as long to sort as it took him to collect. :roll:

I can't reply accurately to Jonathan I'm afraid, as my partial colour-blindness means I can't see any green items - I thought they were all black. :mrgreen:

And so to Colin, whose I reply i finally understood after the third reading. In response to his query as to whether the lower bits were made of wood or metal, I can respond with the answer: plastic. :wink:

I take it none of the items are of any use to anyone, as I can't think I'd ever use them.
I'd gladly post them for free. :)

Cheers,
fausto.
RJS

Post by RJS »

I've used the bottom ones, making a trailer, drilled a hole in the metal framework, and the plywood for the sides, the screw that is part of it goes through, into the thread of the other piece which draws the tanges into the wood to hold it firm.
cheers, Rob.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

iandusud wrote: 6 Apr 2021, 2:37pm The graduated white thing is a ruler. As for the other bits I can't help :D
I just had to laugh at that! :lol: :lol: :lol:
iandusud

Post by iandusud »

JohnW wrote: 8 Apr 2021, 3:27pm
iandusud wrote: 6 Apr 2021, 2:37pm The graduated white thing is a ruler. As for the other bits I can't help :D
I just had to laugh at that! :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's nice to be appreciated. :D
Chris Jeggo

Post by Chris Jeggo »

I'm white and graduated, but I don't rule anywhere.