Tudor Sports jerseys/jackets sizes?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
mikeymo

Tudor Sports jerseys/jackets sizes?

Post by mikeymo »

I'm about to order a short sleeve shirt and a jersey.

I'm often in between medium and large. Spa said they were quite happy for me to order both and send one back, but I'd rather not, if possible. On the basis that if I order both sizes, I'll definitely have to send one of them back, whereas if I only order one I've got a 0.5 probability of it being correct.

Has anybody worn Tudor Sports jerseys/jackets?

Would you say they come up small or large, for their nominal size?

Thanks.
RodT

Re: Tudor Sports jerseys/jackets sizes?

Post by RodT »

I wear a Tudor Sports jacket (just taken it off actually) . It's sized medium and I'd say it was more like a large. I'm pretty big, with ape-like arms, and my other cycling kit is size L. But the Tudor Sports jacket fits very well. So I conclude they tend to large, not small.
Good kit, too. Recommended.
SimonCelsa

Post by SimonCelsa »

I would agree the jackets come up a bit large.

I usually fit a 'Large' reasonably well; the York long sleeved large jacket definitely feels a little bit big, probably more so in the length from my personal scantlings!! (proportionally longer legs / shorter body).
mikeymo

Post by mikeymo »

That's very helpful, thanks for the feedback. Looks like a medium for me then.

Cheers.
Chris Jeggo

Post by Chris Jeggo »

Agreed, they're a bit on the large side. I think they're a bit bigger than they used to be (a good many years ago), as you might expect, young cyclists being taller than old ones on average.
horizon

Post by horizon »

The jackets are listed as 40" Large whereas the jerseys are listed as 42 - 44" Large. I don't know the reason for the discrepancy but it would reinforce your decision to buy a Medium jersey, but perhaps not a Medium jacket! You might also say that for cycling clothes, tighter fitting is desirable: I am always a Large except for a couple of polo shirts that I wear for cycling which are Medium. Tricky. At least reselling should be possible if you later change your mind.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

I wear their plusses.
I think the world of them.
To get exactly the correct size (remember that plusses have to be right for knee-length, and that's harder to get right than normal full leg-length) - I 'phoned them and found them affable and receptive to my call.
In discussion with them it was apparent that I was not quite the right size for their plusses and they were happy to discuss.
They finished up making them bespoke for me, at the price of the larger size up.
I hope you get it right.
mikeymo

Post by mikeymo »

Thanks for the advice folks. In the end I went for a Torm jersey instead. Why? Partly because the 3 pocket Tudor jacket doesn't have one with a zip closure, and I want at least one pocket in which I can put keys (and other essentials), so I know they won't fall out in the event of a crash. Or in case I decide to do some handstands on the bike:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDwVXxYbLeM

Cheers.