where I can buy a nice selection of nuts and bolts...

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Jdsk

Re: where I can buy a nice selection of nuts and bolts...

Post by Jdsk »

Mike_Ayling wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 8:20am
mikeymo wrote: 9 Apr 2021, 1:41am
Jdsk wrote: 8 Apr 2021, 10:55pm I'd add a couple of bags of sweepings:
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/tools/works ... 250-g-bag/
Ooo, that looks good. Next time I order something from SJS I'll get a couple of those bags too.
Wonder if you get many of those tiny Rohloff drain screws in the sweepings packs?
Is this an in-joke or would you like me to look in my hoard?

Jonathan
Last edited by Jdsk on 12 Apr 2021, 11:17am, edited 1 time in total.
PH

Post by PH »

I buy from Boltbase, usually via Ebay, though direct for larger orders. There's plenty of ebay choice, I like the detail this supplier provides, the delivery has always been correct and prompt.
I do wonder how welcome my custom is at a local fixings place, I've had decent and friendly service, though they haven't always had what I was looking for. It strikes me that by the time they've taken the cost and processing out there can't be any profit in my fiver order, a few bolts is often even less and it doesn't account for when they've spent a bit of time with me and I haven't bought anything. I know from working in a different field (PC components) that online sales take a tiny percentage of time compared to counter sales, there they were happy to spend time making sure you had the right connectors for a couple of quid, because there was a chance you'd be back to spend several hundred, but that isn't going to happen with my fixings shopping.
PH

Post by PH »

Jdsk wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 10:46am
Wonder if you get many of those tiny Rohloff drain screws in the sweepings packs?
is this an in-joke or would you like me to look in my hoard?

Jonathan
Can't speak for Mike, but I do know they're very easy to drop and loose and stupidly expensive for what they are (Though you can buy from elsewhere)
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

These?

Jonathan
Mike_Ayling

Post by Mike_Ayling »

PH wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 11:16am
Jdsk wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 10:46am
is this an in-joke or would you like me to look in my hoard?

Jonathan
Can't speak for Mike, but I do know they're very easy to drop and loose and stupidly expensive for what they are (Though you can buy from elsewhere)
That is my point.

Mike