Does Anyone Know If This Is A Good Buy (Attempt 2). Cycling_Man's Journey To A Bike

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
markjohnobrien

Re: Does Anyone Know If This Is A Good Buy (Attempt 2). Cycling_Man's Journey To A Bike

Post by markjohnobrien »

Cycling_Man wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 11:21pm Hi Guys. Me Again. Attempt two here at looking for a second hand bike in my local area since the last one didn't go too well haha.

I have found found this bike listing titled "13 Intrisic B Mens Road Bike and it is priced at £250. From the bit of research I have done I think these are road bikes made by Halfords. I'm not sure if they are still making these as I don't see them on their website and I am also not sure what model it is. I found a website that talks about the bikes and has pictures of them, including this one, but not sure which model this one is called. Also I am unsure if this is a woman's road bike as some of the websites show the white version of this bike and call it a woman's road bike but I haven't seen any talk about the black one so maybe the black version is the men's version but they both look the same just in a different colour. For the record I am a man, hence the name "Cycling_Man" so would want a men's road bike.

Once again as someone who doesn't know much about bikes and is getting into it I want to seek the advice of you guys who seem to know much more than me. Is this a woman's bike? If not, is this a good buy or not.
----------------------------------------------------------
The Listing Description Is As Follows:

Frame: Lightweight triple butted aluminium - unsure of size but I’m 6’1 and it rides comfortably

Forks: Carbon fibre

Gears: 18 speed gears; Shimano Sora

Brakes: TRP T822/820 Aero brakes for the ultimate braking performance

Wheels: 700c hubs with Vittoria tyres, designed to help the wheels roll faster

Lights and speed/trip tracker included
----------------------------------------------------------

The Two Images Bellow Show The Images On The Listing

This Image Shows What I Think The Bike Is
I wouldn’t use it for commuting as cannot fit mudguards and you (and the bike) would get covered in mud and water.

Gears would be high for a hilly area.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
Jdsk

Re: Does Anyone Know If This Is A Good Buy (Attempt 2). Cycling_Man's Journey To A Bike

Post by Jdsk »

Jamesh wrote: 12 Apr 2021, 8:04amNot sure where you are.
"... kinda in the middle of nowhere... "
"Unfortunately I live in the middle of nowhere... "

Jonathan