downloading from chilli bullet cam

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
cyclop

downloading from chilli bullet cam

Post by cyclop »

How can I down load photos from my chilli technology bullet cam onto a chrombook,any ideas?
Jdsk

Re: chilli bullet cam

Post by Jdsk »

Is it this:
https://www.chilli-tech.com/Bullet-Camera-For-Cycling

Have you got technical specifications or a user guide?

In the video it seems to have a USB socket and a slot for a micro SD card. What interfaces do you have on the Chromebook?

Jonathan
TrevA

Re: downloading from chilli bullet cam

Post by TrevA »

Does your chromebook have an SD card reader? If so, then take the SD card out of the camera and load into the SDCard reader, if necessary, using the adapter ( I bought a SanDisk High Endurance 32GB SD card for my Chilli Cam and it came with an adapter). If your Chromebook doesn’t have a reader, then you can buy an SD card reader that plugs in to a USB port.
Last edited by TrevA on 21 Apr 2021, 6:47pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
millimole

Post by millimole »

TrevA wrote:Does your chromebook have an SD card reader? If so, then take the SD card out of the camera and load into the SDCard reader, if necessary, using the adapter ( I bought a SanDisk High Endurance 32GB SD card and it came with an adapter). If your Chromebook doesn’t have a reader, then you can buy an SD card reader that plugs in to a USB port.
I have this camera, and this is exactly the process I use with my Chromebook.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my moto g(30) using hovercraft full of eels.

Leicester; Riding my Hetchins since 1971; Day rides on my Dawes; Going to the shops on a Decathlon Hoprider
cyclop

Post by cyclop »

Yes,the card that comes with the camera fits into the card reader slot.I click on the read files etc but a black window comes up where the video should be.The camera is ok as the curry,s help desk read my card ok.The manual is simply youtube videos which are ok if you have a computor.Thanks all.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

A bit more information, please.

1 That's a microSD card, not an SD card?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SD_card

2 Do you have another card?

3 Is that card reader built in to the Chromebook or another device connected to eg a USB port?

4 What program were you in when you saw the black (? blank) window?

5 Are you saying that you can't watch the YouTube videos on the Chromebook? If so why is that?

Jonathan
cyclop

Post by cyclop »

Ok,the micro sd card from the camera fits into the card reader slot in the chromebook.What programme?Unsure.Yes,I can get the youtube videos which show how to read the card on a computer but not on a chromebook.I,m not really tech savvy but generally find a way to do stuff,trial and error mainly.I,ve also sent an email to chilli tec-no reply yet.
millimole

Post by millimole »

You may have to use VLC or a similar program to view the files, Chromebooks do not natively show .Avi files
Leicester; Riding my Hetchins since 1971; Day rides on my Dawes; Going to the shops on a Decathlon Hoprider
gazza_d

Post by gazza_d »

VLC is probably your best best for playing the videos, and it will at almost anything. At the bottom of the window be some buttons. The browse button will show you your folders. If you get a black screen but audio , then go into settings and try different hardware acceleration for the video..

But if you want to edit your videos and add things like captions, then try YouCut video editor.
I use that on my android tablet which is similar to a Chromebook and it's fairly easy to use.

If you want to report to police, then don't edit the video but just submit the whole video file, and make sure you save a copy.
cyclop

Post by cyclop »

gazza_d wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 5:16pm VLC is probably your best best for playing the videos, and it will at almost anything. At the bottom of the window be some buttons. The browse button will show you your folders. If you get a black screen but audio , then go into settings and try different hardware acceleration for the video..

But if you want to edit your videos and add things like captions, then try YouCut video editor.
I use that on my android tablet which is similar to a Chromebook and it's fairly easy to use.

If you want to report to police, then don't edit the video but just submit the whole video file, and make sure you save a copy.
Sorry,gobbledegook to me,thanks all the same
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

cyclop wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 5:32pm
gazza_d wrote: 23 Apr 2021, 5:16pm VLC is probably your best best for playing the videos, and it will at almost anything. At the bottom of the window be some buttons. The browse button will show you your folders. If you get a black screen but audio , then go into settings and try different hardware acceleration for the video..

Sorry,gobbledegook to me,thanks all the same
The idea that's appearing in the thread is that the recording is OK, and the hardware is all OK, but that you don't have the required software/ program/ app on the Chromebook.

VLC is a free program that might run on your Chromebook and would display the video from the microSD card.

Do you have anyone who knows a bit more about Chromebooks who could try and install that extra program to see if that fixes it?

Jonathan