Quachia frames.

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Jamesh

Quachia frames.

Post by Jamesh »

https://m.facebook.com/groups/194934414 ... 6271782189

My mate has just brought this, anyone know anything about them?

Cheers James
markjohnobrien

Re: Quachia frames.

Post by markjohnobrien »

Sorry, new one for me.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Me too!

Cheers James
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

They are/were a Chinese brand. They had a Facebook page but have not posted anything since 2015, so possibly no longer in business.

https://www.facebook.com/Qachia-Bicycle ... 665361615/
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

Quite probably one of the many Chinese carbon frames made by countless factories from the same mould. Usually found on Aliexpress. Cheaper than the big names of course. Some people get a bit sniffy about this sort of thing but as long as you know what you are buying they can be fine for the money. Usual comment is that you will crash and burn d die a horrible death if you even think about something like this but my personal experience plus those of mates has all be positive. I would be looking for a rear mech hanger ASAP though as you can't go to the factory for one.
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Good call on the rear mech hanger.

Cheers James
Ride-sleep-repeat

Post by Ride-sleep-repeat »

mattsccm wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 6:13am Quite probably one of the many Chinese carbon frames made by countless factories from the same mould. Usually found on Aliexpress. Cheaper than the big names of course. Some people get a bit sniffy about this sort of thing but as long as you know what you are buying they can be fine for the money. Usual comment is that you will crash and burn d die a horrible death if you even think about something like this but my personal experience plus those of mates has all be positive. I would be looking for a rear mech hanger ASAP though as you can't go to the factory for one.
Many manufacturers use the same open moulds in factories which explains why so many Carbon frames look very similar.Quachia probably use the same moulds as Planet-X,Ribble etc so unless the CF used is of inferior quality I don't see why there should be any issue apart from badge snobbery!
RE the mech hanger.Chances are the frame uses exactly the same hanger as some 'branded' frames.You should be able to source one online.
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

Found the one for my "Chinerello" on ebay easy enough. Same for my On One carbon CX bike