Sustrans map unavailable

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
elderlygentleman

Sustrans map unavailable

Post by elderlygentleman »

I've recently moved to Cornwall and I'm wanting to explore the county as much as possible while avoiding holiday traffic. But I cannot find a copy of the Sustrans map, 'Cornwall Cycle Map'. Sustrans don't have any, neither do Stanfords or any of the other obvious places.

Does anyone have a copy they no longer want? Happy to pay for one and for postage.

thanks.
peetee

Re: Sustrans map unavailable

Post by peetee »

Whereabouts in the county are you? If local to me I could lend a bit of additional advice.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

peetee wrote: 3 May 2021, 3:20pm Whereabouts in the county are you? If local to me I could lend a bit of additional advice.
Ditto. :D
Mick F. Cornwall
Traction_man

Post by Traction_man »

elderlygentleman wrote: 3 May 2021, 2:40pm I've recently moved to Cornwall and I'm wanting to explore the county as much as possible while avoiding holiday traffic. But I cannot find a copy of the Sustrans map, 'Cornwall Cycle Map'. Sustrans don't have any, neither do Stanfords or any of the other obvious places.

Does anyone have a copy they no longer want? Happy to pay for one and for postage.

thanks.
Try

https://dash4it.co.uk/uk-maps/publisher ... -map..html

Cheers,

Keith
rjb

Post by rjb »

Croyde cycle maps are a good alternative, from just over the border in North Devon. Local tourist info centres used to stock some of them mainly the walking ones, other tourist shops may also have them. :wink:
http://www.croydecycle.co.uk/mapsandguides.htm
I've seen the walking maps in tics before lockdown, but worth an email to check the cycle ones are still available. :wink:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
RodT

Post by RodT »

I too am one of the Cornish mafia. If we knew where you are, we could tell you about the best rides, as well as the oes to avoid.
DaveBeck

Post by DaveBeck »

If you are anywhere near Penzance, I am leading a short bike ride from Penzance railway station to Mousehole and back on Wednesday, meeting at the station at 1030hrs. The week after I shall be going from Lelant to St Ives and back

Or if you are near Bodmin, I'm doing a ride along part of the Camel Trail on this Thursday, starting at 1000hrs.

Both rides are free to join and are part of The Cornwall Bicycle Project CIC. Look on their Facebook page for more information. It would be nice to meet you and I could tell you more about routes in Cornwall

Dave B
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
Norman H

Post by Norman H »

Goldeneye ½” to the mile cycling maps are very good.

https://www.goldeneyeguides.co.uk/cycli ... av5zdojgaf
elderlygentleman

peetee wrote: 3 May 2021, 3:20pm Whereabouts in the county are you? If local to me I could lend a bit of additional advice.
Thanks for the replies.
I'm just outside Mount Hawke, about 3 miles south of St. Agnes.
elderlygentleman

DaveBeck wrote: 3 May 2021, 5:06pm If you are anywhere near Penzance, I am leading a short bike ride from Penzance railway station to Mousehole and back on Wednesday, meeting at the station at 1030hrs. The week after I shall be going from Lelant to St Ives and back

Or if you are near Bodmin, I'm doing a ride along part of the Camel Trail on this Thursday, starting at 1000hrs.

Both rides are free to join and are part of The Cornwall Bicycle Project CIC. Look on their Facebook page for more information. It would be nice to meet you and I could tell you more about routes in Cornwall

Dave B
Many thanks. I can't make these but would be interested in any others you might be doing.
elderlygentleman

elderlygentleman wrote: 3 May 2021, 2:40pm I've recently moved to Cornwall and I'm wanting to explore the county as much as possible while avoiding holiday traffic. But I cannot find a copy of the Sustrans map, 'Cornwall Cycle Map'. Sustrans don't have any, neither do Stanfords or any of the other obvious places.

thanks.
Thanks for the helpful replies.
I had one from Sustrans saying that a new edition of this map will be available from 17th May.
elderlygentleman

Norman H wrote: 3 May 2021, 6:30pm Goldeneye ½” to the mile cycling maps are very good.

https://www.goldeneyeguides.co.uk/cycli ... av5zdojgaf
Thanks. it's 'currently unavailable'.
DaveBeck

Post by DaveBeck »

elderlygentleman wrote: 4 May 2021, 3:58pm
DaveBeck wrote: 3 May 2021, 5:06pm If you are anywhere near Penzance, I am leading a short bike ride from Penzance railway station to Mousehole and back on Wednesday, meeting at the station at 1030hrs. The week after I shall be going from Lelant to St Ives and back

Dave B
Many thanks. I can't make these but would be interested in any others you might be doing.
Hi,

You're not too far from me actually! I'll let you know.

Dave B