Cycling gloves recommended?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
billybunter

Cycling gloves recommended?

Post by billybunter »

Looking to buy some cycling gloves

Of the fingerless variety

Seems to be endless lists of them

Was looking for maybe some recommendations
From your learned & wise minds 😉
De Sisti

Re: Cycling gloves recommended?

Post by De Sisti »

Reasonably priced cycle mitts available from this site .
steve browne

Post by steve browne »

Grip Grab Progel Hi-Viz fingerless gloves are good. From Wiggle and elsewhere
ClappedOut

Post by ClappedOut »

Being a heretic :D
I have black suede DeWalt fingerless gloves.
They are comfortable, but so well fitted I extract myself out of them :lol:
steve browne

Post by steve browne »

https://www.chesterjefferies.co.uk
This company does bespoke gloves if you need them to match your bicycle frame, hair colour etc!
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

We had a thread about this some time back.
I really love mine, as recommended on here.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=138504
slowster wrote: 17 Jul 2020, 5:15pm The mitts with leather palms from Galibier might fit your requirements.

https://galibier.cc/gloves-and-mitts/
https://www.galibier.cc/product/regale-cycling-glove/
Mick F. Cornwall
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

You don't mention your budget. You may be happy /may baulk at paying fifteen quid.

I used to use some sort of gel ones that were about £13, then they stopped making them. I tried Aldi ones for £3:99 and they are fine, well usually fine, as they do vary from year to year.

You will need to decide what sort of gloves you want. Let me explain. I want good cover (from sun) so I need them to go nearer to wrist so shirt cuff and gloves cover all. I also need them lower down my palms because I have Ergon grips (flat platform) and rest my palms on them.

If life was easy it wouldn't be worth living.
Richard of York

Post by Richard of York »

I too am a heretic and seldom wear gloves or mitts except in any but the coldest of conditions. Gel pads beneath bar tape at key points serve well. Tinkering with riding position to minimise hand pressure points has reduced numb fingers for me.
gxaustin

Post by gxaustin »

My most comfortable mitts are IMP. They no longer do my exact model but they were cheap and good.
Nessie23

Post by Nessie23 »

I splashed out on some Castelli Rosso Corsa gel mitts on the basis that I doubt I will ever fit into their tops and shorts. They have been excellent, fit my hand perfectly and been thru washing machine many times. I also have several pairs of Lidl/Aldi mitts but not a patch on Castelli. My long fingered glove of choice is from Aldi.
VinceLedge

Post by VinceLedge »

I have some Planet X ones which are good, otherwise whatever ones that are on good discount, watch out for sizes as they often come up quite small
I have always worn gloves for riding, fingerless in warm weather, not so much for extra comfort but as a way of saving the skin on your hands when you fall off!
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

To be honest make won't matter so much as fit. Expensive ones tend to feel nicer as in most things but if the fit is poor they will feel awful. Therefore what we recommend may not suit you.
Purely to match an old bike I spent 5.99 on some leather.cotton crochet ones from ebay. As comfy as some modern ones 6 time the price and being leather not sweaty.
Pendodave

Post by Pendodave »

If anyone could help - I'm looking for some leather mitts like the ones linked to above but...
... i don't want the venting cutouts on the back of the hand. I don't want to get sunburnt, and neither do I wish to try and administer suncream to the area.
Thanks.
slowster

Post by slowster »

Pendodave wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 2:18pm i don't want the venting cutouts on the back of the hand.
If by venting cut outs you are referring to the holes over the knuckles, the version shown below that Mick F bought does not have those. The larger gap over the back of the hand is something found on all the leather mitts I have seen. It is only the modern lightweight fabric mitts that are able to dispense with a velcro fastening and instead use lycra fabric over the back. I would not worry about the tiny perforations in the leather.