Recommendations for front and rear cameras

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
thirdcrank

Re: Recommendations for front and rear cameras

Post by thirdcrank »

Is it suggested that a rider can comfortably carry an "enforcement camera" sign, large enough to be clearly visible to others at a reasonable distance? I would have thought that some of the camera kit being recommended was in any case self-advertising.

Some years ago, I was stuck when driving behind a clown with a big enforcement camera in his rear window. He slowed down - in a 40 limit - to about 20 mph with no obvious motive other than to try to rattle me - all recorded, incidentally, on my dashcam. No doubt had I overtaken, he'd have put his foot down. Pathetic.
ratherbeintobago

Re: Recommendations for front and rear cameras

Post by ratherbeintobago »

thirdcrank wrote: 20 Jul 2021, 1:42pm Is it suggested that a rider can comfortably carry an "enforcement camera" sign, large enough to be clearly visible to others at a reasonable distance? I would have thought that some of the camera kit being recommended was in any case self-advertising.

Some years ago, I was stuck when driving behind a clown with a big enforcement camera in his rear window. He slowed down - in a 40 limit - to about 20 mph with no obvious motive other than to try to rattle me - all recorded, incidentally, on my dashcam. No doubt had I overtaken, he'd have put his foot down. Pathetic.
The aforementioned PassPixi does a magnetic sign you could stick on the back of your jersey...