Cordless Compressors

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
GayUnicorn

Re: Cordless Compressors

Post by GayUnicorn »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-Compr ... 53&sr=8-10

Here this works ok you set the pressure and turn pump on and it cuts at preset pressure.
st599_uk

Post by st599_uk »

Does anyone know of such a compressor that can be used to seat a tubeless tyre?
A novice learning...
“the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
leftpoole

Post by leftpoole »

Mick F wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 2:55pm Thanks for the link.

Just thinking ...............

I have a Lezyne CO2 adaptor thingy, and I bought a job lot of CO2 canisters a year or more ago.
I take when riding, two canisters and two inner tubes.

Not had a visit from the fairy since 2015 on one bike, and 2018 on the other.
Therefore, even though I love gadgets and stuff, it's not worth it at all.
First sign that you are becoming an old frump, when gadgets fail to be purchased! lol
Philip Benstead

Post by Philip Benstead »

Question

Would these compressor be suitable to take along to a Dr Bike , how many tyres could it inflate before the battery went flat?
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

The ones already mentioned above have an enormous range of energy capacity, and some use external power supplies. There isn't a general answer to how many tyres they can inflate.

For those with internal batteries and other things being equal the energy storage capacity will be a guide. As will the mass...

Jonathan
GayUnicorn

Post by GayUnicorn »

st599_uk wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 10:09am Does anyone know of such a compressor that can be used to seat a tubeless tyre?
These inflation devices more for topping up as Run time duty cycle and volume of air.

Something like this or a mains compressor

https://www.jgs4x4.co.uk/t-max-12v-air- ... dventurer/ run off a large battery or running vehicle battery.
iandusud

Post by iandusud »

The Makita cordless compressor arrived today. Works brilliantly. A solid piece of kit as you would expect from Makita. If you already have Makita ATX stuff then it's really good buy. If you had to buy it with battery and charger then it would be an expensive option. However my experience with cordless power tools has taught me that cheap ones are a pain. They loose their charge when not used so often meaning that when you come to use they don't work and then take hours to charge up. They also often lack power compared to the better stuff.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Good call.

Yes.

When convenient could you add an estimate of how many bike tyres it can inflate... my guess is that you'll get bored before you find out. : - )

Jonathan
GayUnicorn

Post by GayUnicorn »

thirdcrank wrote: 16 Jun 2021, 4:07pm Will it mount an a bike frame or does it need to go in a pannier etc?
The one here has a pouch and would need to go in a pannier.

I guess it would velcro strap into a bottle holder on a dry day.
gregoryoftours

Post by gregoryoftours »

Philip Benstead wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 11:20am Question

Would these compressor be suitable to take along to a Dr Bike , how many tyres could it inflate before the battery went flat?
I don't know about other models, but I wouldn't want our cordless Bosch tyre inflator at a Dr. Bike session. Noisy and much slower than a decent track pump, and just one more thing to have to remember to charge and worry about running out of juice.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

With anything like this, I'd really appreciate it if people included whether (a) they can comment from personal experience or (b) they have found something online which looks as though it should be ok.
iandusud

Post by iandusud »

gregoryoftours wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 10:43am
Philip Benstead wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 11:20am Question

I don't know about other models, but I wouldn't want our cordless Bosch tyre inflator at a Dr. Bike session. Noisy and much slower than a decent track pump, and just one more thing to have to remember to charge and worry about running out of juice.
Personally I would be very happy to use the Makita at a Dr Bike session as long as I had the charger and second battery with me. Yes it is quite noisy but it is certainly quick. It delivers 12 l/min.
GayUnicorn

Post by GayUnicorn »

thirdcrank wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 10:51am With anything like this, I'd really appreciate it if people included whether (a) they can comment from personal experience or (b) they have found something online which looks as though it should be ok.
Amazon link we have been pleased with it for footballs, bicycle tyres and a garden trolley tyres.
Charged it two maybe four times since Christmas
Think if your doing a bicycle repair day a multiple battery item better or track pump.
jb

Post by jb »

Don't buy 'Cyclaire' pumps for mountain bike tyres - they take for ever to inflate from flat.
Cheers
J Bro