How do tubeless tyres work?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
NUKe

Re: How do tubeless tyres work?

Post by NUKe »

Just converted my Kona Rove to Tubeless last weekend. it was relatively painless and surprising quick to do. WTB rims and tyres both compatible, rims were already taped and the valves came with the bike, I only had to buy the sealant. Managed to pump the tyres on to the rims with just a track pump valve cores removed, although I had made an air tank out of a garden sprayer. Sealant I injected in through the valve (Core removed) with a Syringe and pipe . Went off roading Sunday with tyres at sub 30psi bike felt sure footed. but a little sluggish on the roads, Now riding 35/40 lb. front and rear, it rolls well on the road and still soft enough for riding cinder track . You do notice the reduced rolling resistance between tubed and tubeless initially but I doubt the affect is that big.
NUKe

Post by NUKe »

Had my first tubeless puncture Sunday. tyre sealed its self no problem. wouldn't have noticed except for the Sealant on the down tube, tyre had lost around 5 psi.
NUKe

Post by Cowsham »

Is it possible for rim brakes to heat the rim so much that it melts the glue and cause a flat on long steep descents ?
I am here. Where are you?
jezer

Post by jezer »

Cowsham wrote: 2 Aug 2021, 10:11am Is it possible for rim brakes to heat the rim so much that it melts the glue and cause a flat on long steep descents ?
There is no glue. You're thinking of old school tubular tyres 🤔
Power to the pedals
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

OK
I am here. Where are you?