Looking for Bike Freaks in S63

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Funky_Fahrrad

Looking for Bike Freaks in S63

Post by Funky_Fahrrad »

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for peeps that are interested in building bikes. As the growing industry in bikes continues, I am interested in joining with simular individuals that habe a Passion and qbility to build and delelop bike product and services.
Paulatic

Re: Looking for Bike Freaks in S63

Post by Paulatic »

S63?
Google suggests Rotherham?
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Funky_Fahrrad

Post by Funky_Fahrrad »

That would be a ideal first project as a touring/gravel bike.

Correct I live 10 miles north of Rotherham.
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

Do you mean frame-building?
cycle tramp

Post by cycle tramp »

Funky_Fahrrad wrote: 8 Jul 2021, 8:52pm Hi Everyone,

I am looking for peeps that are interested in building bikes. As the growing industry in bikes continues, I am interested in joining with simular individuals that habe a Passion and qbility to build and delelop bike product and services.

Is this the same quality and attention to detail that you bring to your posts? Are you just fishing for information? - Apologies if this sounds blunt and I appreciate that if you're genuine that you may not wish to give too much away at this stage... but equally you may just want to specify which bike products you're developing and why they are better than what's already on offer
Funky_Fahrrad

Post by Funky_Fahrrad »

I am real about this.

And Yes this does mean frame building
Funky_Fahrrad

Post by Funky_Fahrrad »

If you are serious just email me andrew.david.brown1st@gmail.com
Funky_Fahrrad

Post by Funky_Fahrrad »

If you are serious just email me andrew.david.brown1st@gmail.com
tykeboy2003

Post by tykeboy2003 »

I grew up in S63, Bolton on Dearne. Me and my mates used to ride to Doncaster to "The Plant" (locomotive works) and running sheds most sundays. Also to Barnsley and occasionally Sheffield. The roads weren't significantly quieter back in the 60s/early 70s according to my memory.....
Darkman

Post by Darkman »

tykeboy2003 wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 2:14pm I grew up in S63, Bolton on Dearne. Me and my mates used to ride to Doncaster to "The Plant" (locomotive works) and running sheds most sundays. Also to Barnsley and occasionally Sheffield. The roads weren't significantly quieter back in the 60s/early 70s according to my memory.....
My dad used to work at the sheds, as well as a fireman on the railways in the early 60s. He had frequent encounters with The Flying Scotsman, Mallard etc., born and bred in Thurnscoe. I grew up in Goldthorpe during the 80s - vivid memories of the miner's strike.
tykeboy2003

Post by tykeboy2003 »

Darkman wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 7:42pm
tykeboy2003 wrote: 27 Sep 2021, 2:14pm I grew up in S63, Bolton on Dearne. Me and my mates used to ride to Doncaster to "The Plant" (locomotive works) and running sheds most sundays. Also to Barnsley and occasionally Sheffield. The roads weren't significantly quieter back in the 60s/early 70s according to my memory.....
My dad used to work at the sheds, as well as a fireman on the railways in the early 60s. He had frequent encounters with The Flying Scotsman, Mallard etc., born and bred in Thurnscoe. I grew up in Goldthorpe during the 80s - vivid memories of the miner's strike.
I lived in Thurnscoe till I was 4 when we moved to Bolton (in 1960). My dad was a pitman at Hickleton and then Highgate. My first school was Highgate infants and juniors before going to Wath Grammar in 1967.

We had a driver living across the road from us, in 1978 he took me in the cab on one of the merry-go-round coal trains to Drax power station and back to Goldthorpe. He had worked at Wath sheds but had moved to Knottingley by then. He used to fire the Worsbrough banker before the Wath-Manchester electrification. On one of our many rides to Donny we found Flying Scotsman at Doncaster running sheds in a small shed of its own and we sat in the cab eating our sarnies. I was at The Plant for the Blue Peter naming ceremony that was on Blue Peter on the telly.

I still get back to the area, my brother lives in Harlington. I was up at Oakwell yesterday, ostensibly to watch football but there wasn't much on offer. I'm a Barnsley season ticket holder for my sins.....