Aug/Sept Cycling UK mag

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
geocycle

Re: Aug/Sept Cycling UK mag

Post by geocycle »

soapbox wrote: 19 Aug 2021, 8:43am
geocycle wrote: 18 Aug 2021, 6:34pm
soapbox wrote: 18 Aug 2021, 1:30pm

Still haven't received mine.
Me neither. Coincidentally I spoke to the distributor of the Dalesman magazine and they reported big problems due to isolating postal workers. Apparently magazines get low priority. Wonder if the mag is stuck in a post office centre somewhere?
Be good if someone from Cycling UK could shed some light -via the mods, perhaps? It's a little reassuring that we're not alone though!
I’ve sent an email to HQ. Will report back.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I subscribe to two mags, Radio Times and Private Eye. The former, in particular, is time-sensitive: it's not much use knowing what was on the box last week or the week before that. Private Eye is current affairs too. There was a period last year when the local delivery office almost closed completely for several weeks. Not much the distributors can do about it.
geocycle

Post by geocycle »

@soapbox been in touch with CTC HQ, they have confirmed I should have had the Aug edition by now and are sending another. Almost certainly it’s not their fault, rather lots of post staff getting pinged and mags being deprioritised.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Thanks for sharing that.

Jonathan
soapbox

Post by soapbox »

geocycle wrote: 19 Aug 2021, 5:04pm @soapbox been in touch with CTC HQ, they have confirmed I should have had the Aug edition by now and are sending another. Almost certainly it’s not their fault, rather lots of post staff getting pinged and mags being deprioritised.
Apologies for the late response, but I still haven't received my copy, Can I ask who you contacted, and how?
geocycle

Post by geocycle »

soapbox wrote: 16 Sep 2021, 9:18pm
geocycle wrote: 19 Aug 2021, 5:04pm @soapbox been in touch with CTC HQ, they have confirmed I should have had the Aug edition by now and are sending another. Almost certainly it’s not their fault, rather lots of post staff getting pinged and mags being deprioritised.
Apologies for the late response, but I still haven't received my copy, Can I ask who you contacted, and how?
Oh no, that is not good. I emailed membership@cyclinguk.org. There are a number of potential options but this was handled promptly. Good luck!
soapbox

Post by soapbox »

geocycle wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 7:42am
soapbox wrote: 16 Sep 2021, 9:18pm
Oh no, that is not good. I emailed membership@cyclinguk.org. There are a number of potential options but this was handled promptly. Good luck!
Thank you.