Silver mudguards on a matt black frame?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
pwa

Re: Silver mudguards on a matt black frame?

Post by pwa »

Jupestar wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 2:48pm I've given up trying to make it look good, as i prefer silver/chrome compentents, which are getting harder and harder to find. you always seem to need to comprimise on something to maintain that shine!.

I gave up after riding and flat top drop handlebars, realising how comfortable that position was to relax my hand when on the tops, and not being able to find anything similar in a chrome version, realising that the comprise of comfort made no sense, i now just bolt the most suitable bits together that suit me and don;tworry about what it looks like.
If your chosen colour scheme is black and silver you have no difficulty because most stuff comes in one of those options. I have a silver frame, spokes, seat post, cranks and pedals, and black guards, saddle, stem, bar(s) / tape, and wheel rims that look blackish. Tyres are mostly black too. To me it looks fine. Black and silver are the two most common colours.
kwijibo

Post by kwijibo »

I have black at the front and silver at the back . Because one broke and never got around to replacing the other.
I also have blue forks on a beige frame. Again, not a deliberate style choice!
MarcusT

Post by MarcusT »

I put silver on my black frame because I did not want to look like a stealth fighter or KITT
I wish it were as easy as riding a bike