What did you buy today?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: What did you buy today?

Post by Mick F »

Ordered a couple of things from eBay over the last few days.
The mattress topper I referred to, plus two other things.

Some rivnuts to repair the flue 45deg bend window fittings ................ and something else.
Could I remember what?

Today, a delivery driver presented us with a box.
Duracell writ large on it.
I cannot for the life of me remember ordering 200 Duracell batteries.
Addressed to us correctly. :?: :?: :?:

Mrs Mick F said, "Just open it for goodness sake!!"
I said, "I can't remember what I'd bought other than the rivnuts, so I don't want to open it until I can remember."

I opened the Duracell box, but not until I remembered what I'd ordered.

Guess what's inside.
IMG_0819.jpg
IMG_0818.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
jb

Post by jb »

Potentially there is a positive side to that box.
Cheers
J Bro
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Very clever! :D :D

Come on guys, give me some more guesses.
Mick F. Cornwall
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

In the absence of guesses - other than the excellent one from jb above :D

.......... here's wot arrived wot I bought from eBay.
12ft x 8ft plastic tarpaulin.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114297194012 ... %3A2334524
IMG_0820.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
rjb

Post by rjb »

Hole in your roof. :(
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

All the types of food and beverages that go with a flight to europe, in flight teas, snacks and snacks at resort inc a couple of beers for the boys, before early tea and bed after a 2am alarm call.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

rjb wrote: 11 Oct 2021, 7:18pm Hole in your roof. :(
No, not at all!

We have five or six wheelchairs and five or six walking frames destined to go into a container later this month to go to Gambia.
We've had them stored in our garden shed, and want the space in there so I can move gardening equipment out of the summer house into it where it used to be.

The tarp can be used for other things afterwards too.
Mick F. Cornwall
rjb

Post by rjb »

Farmer near us has a huge hole in his farmhouse thatched roof. Rethatching costs an arm and a leg and his farm looks very run down so for a couple of years he's had a large tarpaulin covering it, secured with ropes to hooks in his rotten window frames. As we pass it almost every other day we look to see if it's still in place, especially after a windy spell. :o
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
keyboardmonkey

Post by keyboardmonkey »

Recent stuff: decent scissors and a file for the tool roll, SKS mudguards bits and a further attempt at extending the lifespan of my Olde Worlde 10 speed bikes...

2AD72CC2-ECB0-4DD6-8F52-1A810709FBF8.jpeg
Debs

Post by Debs »

It's going to be a long dark winter.
But even if there is snow blizzards, power-cuts, empty food shelves, no fuel, Brexit starvation famine, anarchy on the frozen uplands of plague island, at least i will not die of vitamin D3 deficiency :D

Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

A Superman bracelet :D
image.jpg
Since I stopped playing squash ( Covid ) I’ve felt myself becoming less fit as every month passes. Going to start using a hrm again while cycling hoping it will encourage me to try a little harder. Fits on the arm and a lot comfier than a chest strap. Resting HR was 46 this morning :x Three years ago it was always 41 or 42.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Paulatic wrote: 16 Oct 2021, 7:31pm A Superman bracelet :D
image.jpg
Since I stopped playing squash ( Covid ) I’ve felt myself becoming less fit as every month passes. Going to start using a hrm again while cycling hoping it will encourage me to try a little harder. Fits on the arm and a lot comfier than a chest strap. Resting HR was 46 this morning :x Three years ago it was always 41 or 42.

I keep meaning to get something like this... My HR hasn't been that low in years.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Tea bags (for hotel room) tea and cake in Puerta Pollensa after the out and back to Formentor,
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Haven't bought it yet, but noted a brand name, little used, British bike being sold for £50 last night on a local notice board. I suspect a look and who knows, purchase may be required today!

I do need a new chainset, cassette, pedals and those alone could justify it's purchase (Nb. Bike is reported as little used and even without additional parts it could be a worthwhile purchase).

My primary concern is that it seems under priced and would leave me with a guilt complex, if some old, doddery individual is selling to make ends meet - cash is too tight to offer more, who knows, I could end up offering to do a bit of "work in kind", over and above the purchase price :wink:
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

A new pair of tyres after discovering a certain lack of rubber when i had a deflation yesterday Bikehut own brand (Kenda) puncture protection and folding ten quid a pop with free delivery :D
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!