best deal on inner tubes

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Jdsk

Re: best deal on inner tubes

Post by Jdsk »

9494arnold wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 9:29am... and I one for the most unusual puncture ( carrying Trike over a narrow bridge, upside down over my head , caught a wheel in a hawthorn bush and punctured !
Yes, I can see why that would win the prize!

: - )

Jonathan
pga

Post by pga »

Decathlon tubes are fine with a good choice of sizes and valve lengths. I used to repair tubes but I cannot be bothered any more. Continental Gatorskins are fairly robust and puncture rarely.
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

Jdsk wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 7:03pm
Mick F wrote: 28 Sep 2021, 7:01pmNever ever EVER tried mending one on tour or travelling or on a ride.
Take spares. Find what caused the puncture, fit a new tube, inflate, and carry on riding.
I carry two spares.
Have you ever had more than two punctures on a tour?

Thanks

Jonathan
I've had as many as four punctures in a day on more than one occasion, once in a ride of just 16 miles. I never ever use the spare tube unless I'm forced to, because there's no guarantee the next puncture won't be in the pouring rain, and you'll have a job getting a patch to stick if everything's soaking wet.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
mac

Post by mac »

When on the road/ride, replace the tube, then at your tea/dinner stop, repair it; been doing it this way for decades. :D
Now into 'Boots & Scoots'.