Which inner tubes out there are rebranded Kenda inner tubes?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Bonzo Banana

Which inner tubes out there are rebranded Kenda inner tubes?

Post by Bonzo Banana »

A while back I made use of the £50 government offer to get your bike back on the road and did that at Halfords. Anyway I ended up with a spare Halfords 26" inner tube to make up the value to £50 or just below it. Yesterday I made use of that inner tube and much to my surprise was pretty amazed by the quality. The inner tube was very nicely manufactured indeed and was pre-talced to stop pinch flats and the valve actually pointed exactly where it should inside the loop of the inner tube and everything just seemed spot on. The sizing was bang on too exactly right for the tyre I got it for. Not one of those inner tubes that says its for a range of tyre sizes but then when you open it looks to be basically for the smaller size of tyre sizes they have stated. Anyway I was well impressed with it. I know from the past that Kenda is one of the few inner tube manufacturer's that pre-talcs its inner tubes and suspect this is one of their inner tubes.

The price of the inner tube is not an unreasonable £4 but I'm always looking to save money and just wondered if anyone had seen these likely Kenda tubes under a different brand. I've had a few other inner tubes recently most likely CST rebrands like Continental etc which I got cheap off Amazon warehouse. I've had a few Vittoria tubes off Planet X and neither of those match these likely Kenda tubes. Both probably CST which are ok but I don't think as good as Kenda.

So has anyone spotted cheap pre-talced tubes were the valves point nicely where they are meant to point inside the loop and seem very nicely constructed for less than £4?

I shall certainly be looking out for any promotions on Halford's inner tubes in the future. Of course I have no idea if the other tubes Halford's sell are from the same factory they could all be different. This is the tube I got;

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-p ... 25441.html

There was no indication on the label they were pre-talced it is all a very basic label. Maybe the green colour is significant. Generally very positive reviews.

What other brands of inner tubes are pre-talced?

I know some of the past Giant inner tubes were Kenda tubes and of course Kenda branded inner tubes are Kenda manufactured but finding out the real manufacturer behind many brands is not always easy. Sometime ago I bought some Giant inner tubes they were on offer for £2, the same spec inner tubes under the Kenda branding were from memory £7.99. They were the extra thick inner tubes.