We have new competition!

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
freedomfighter

Postby freedomfighter » 9 Nov 2008, 10:11am

This forum is less fluffy, but at the same time seems to have more meat on it.

Beakyboy

Postby Beakyboy » 9 Nov 2008, 10:18am

All joking aside one thing that i have noticed on other forums which is quite a useful tool is:

When perusing the categories and you let the mouse hover on the OP, it displays the full question. This is handy so you can see at a glance which topics you think are relevant/useful/able to offer advise on etc. at a glance so you don't have to keep clicking in to the thread to see.
May the wind always be at your rear!

freedomfighter

Postby freedomfighter » 9 Nov 2008, 10:19am

Good point; I concur, Sir.

Dee Jay

Postby Dee Jay » 9 Nov 2008, 10:31am

Beakyboy wrote:When perusing the categories and you let the mouse hover on the OP, it displays the full question. This is handy so you can see at a glance which topics you think are relevant/useful/able to offer advise on etc. at a glance so you don't have to keep clicking in to the thread to see.

That would be very useful, indeed.
Dee

Dee Jay

Postby Dee Jay » 9 Nov 2008, 10:42am

Khornight wrote:
Cool, that's a great description of lfgss (although I'd describe the profanities as slightly more than slang!),

*Hijack alert* Maybe I understate the case? Probably. Dunno ... attitude to profane language is often very dependent on age/generation (I never use the word 'b*****', but my 85 year-old MIL happily does, but would faint if she glanced at lfgss!)

Don't thank me, I just posted a link, the thanks should go to the people who administrate the boards... much like I'm sure the people that run here don't get thanks enough.

Thanks, indeed, are due.
Dee

wallyone

Postby wallyone » 10 Nov 2008, 7:22pm

Do you think they'll know of a good quality cheap tent?

thirdcrank

Postby thirdcrank » 30 Jan 2009, 4:03pm

meic

If you see this, I could not think of anywhere else to put it.

There are roadworks on the Leeds Inner Ring Road A 58(M) where the barricades are signed 'Perygl cadwch allan' * (if there are spelling mistakes, it's a motorway so I could not stop.) I wonder if they have got some signs previously used on the border to advise the Welsh to stay out of England? :wink:

* Danger keep out.