cycle camping

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
BIKE-TYREING

cycle camping

Post by BIKE-TYREING »

Does anyone know of any companies offer organised cycle camping tours ?

There are many offer "inn to inn" type tours , but I prefer the " UNDER CANVAS" option .

Regards
france tourer

Re:cycle camping

Post by france tourer »

I always decide where i want to go and make my own plans around the area i want to visit. The advantages with this are you decide where you go , how far you want to ride, your break times and where you want to stay for the night. You can always do it cheaper wiyhout a tour operator.They are campsites all over europe. If it is the company you require then put a message on here or reply to another message.
bikerdave

Post by bikerdave »

The same is true in this country provided you avoid stopping in major cities there's always somewhere to camp nearby. I've been on three tours where we set off with a route and camping gear and found the sites as required, the great thing about this way is you can push on if you want to or have a short day as you're not booked in anywhere. It's more of an adventure too!
bikepacker

Post by bikepacker »

There is a couple of camping tours on the CTC holiday website. One to France in June and one to Germany in August.

www.ctctours.co.uk

Also look on the Fell Club meetings page you will see where some cycle campers are meeting up.

www.fellclub.org.uk/meets.htm
Quinn Tourer

Post by Quinn Tourer »

This may not be terribly helpful, unless you are prepared to travel a bit further.
In Australia there are annual 'Big Rides' in most states. These typically involve ten days to two weeks, riding 60 to 100km per day and camping at night. Your equipment is carried on trucks and food and entertainment is provided at each town along the way.
You can see an upcoming ride in Western Australia at: http://www.bv.com.au/topic.php?a=5&b=143
It promises to be a great ride, from Albany to Perth over 14 days, riding through ancient forests, wine growing districts and along the beautiful coast of WA.
Come and see what cycling downunder is like. If you like camping and hate rain this is the one!
cheers
Michael
Mrs Queen

Post by Mrs Queen »

Try Breton Bikes - tell Geoff I want some commission though!!