Can I send

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
eileithyia

Can I send

Post by eileithyia »

...the same message in a PM to multiple recipients with having to retype/send individually, ie with CC or BCC?
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
diapason

Post by diapason »

If there's no easier way, then you can highlight and copy (Ctrl C) your reply and then paste it (Ctrl V) into other PM's. The clipboard will retain the text until you save something else. Forgive me if I'm teaching you to suck eggs (I won't say 'grandmother' as you're rather younger than me!)

N
Advena ego sum in Terra
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Are you sure? That I am youger that is? and thanks
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
diapason

Post by diapason »

eileithyia wrote:Are you sure? That I am youger that is? and thanks

Pretty sure!! and you're certainly MUCH fitter :oops:

N
Advena ego sum in Terra
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Cool it works as well, you certainly do learn something new every day :lol:

Not very fit at the moment I can assure you.
diapason

Post by diapason »

Glad it works and hope the Harry Hall goes to a good home. I've hardly been able to ride more than 20 miles at a time since I fell about a year ago. :oops: Hopefully, a new bike I'm building, with a smaller frame (one which actually fits me!), along with some more physio, will improve things.

Take care,

Nigel
Advena ego sum in Terra
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I've wondered the same question.
(not age differences!)

I came to the same conclusion about copy and paste.
Mick F. Cornwall
diapason

Post by diapason »

It's a useful function. Years back, when I learned to use a PC the mainstream word processing software wasWordPerfect 5.1. That had a facility called 'macro' which let you store a word or phrase under a keystroke (eg alt W). I used this at length when I was typing essays. Eileithyia may understand how helpful it was when I was typing a midwifery thesis for a friend - I saved oodles of long medical terminology which made the job a lot easier. I've never been able to find this feature in MS Word. If it's there, perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.

N
Advena ego sum in Terra
BlueMeldon

Post by BlueMeldon »

In MS Word, on the toolbar,
select Tools,

then
from drop-down menu,
select Macro,

then
select Record Macro
or
Macros - to see those you create(d).

BM
diapason

Post by diapason »

Thank you - I'll try that. It was such a useful function in WP 5.1, and I've missed it ever since.

N
Advena ego sum in Terra
GeoffL

Post by GeoffL »

As much as I'm a huge fan of WordPerfect, Word does have this well covered. Not only can you record macros but Word has autotext specifically to do what you want. Search Word help for "autotext" for info.

HTH,

Geoff
john4703

Post by john4703 »

GeoffL wrote:As much as I'm a huge fan of WordPerfect, Word does have this well covered. Not only can you record macros but Word has autotext specifically to do what you want. Search Word help for "autotext" for info Geoff

I use autotext a lot at work. I think the quickest way to enter new text is to type it, then highlight it and then use Alt and F3 keys together, this opens a box in which I type a name for the autotext. When I start to type that name it will complete it for me, anything from a single work to several pages in length.
Don't let them win but keep up the struggle and wear them all down by our persistence.