Viscount bicycles!!

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
StellaLdn.

Re: Viscount bicycles!!

Post by StellaLdn. »

Exactly! My apologies. I'm a bit off at the moment, about everything, really. haha. Everything's mixed up in my head. Normal service will resume shortly. :P
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
-- Confucius

http://theviscountaffect.blogspot.co.uk/
Cusqueno

Viscount bicycles!!

Post by Cusqueno »

Am I going bonkers or is this a quirk of my old iPhone or Tapatalk, but have four posts from this afternoon disappeared from this thread??

Edit: they're back now. Must have been a 'feature' of my system.
Lewisg

Post by Lewisg »

Did anyone win the bidding for the lovely, though not original, racing green Lambert from Ebay?
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

Lewisg wrote:Did anyone win the bidding for the lovely, though not original, racing green Lambert from Ebay?

I think I missed this...

You have a link?
Lewisg

Post by Lewisg »

This:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/360981015977?nav=WATCHING_ENDED

Love the colour. Would have liked to have bid but apparently i don't 'need' any more bikes at present.

...I disagree.
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

Not a bad price eh?

I would have whipped off the the pedals for almost anything else, maybe put a Shimano Crane on the back, found a Titlist or similar fd , an SR bar stem and ridden it like that.

I am really tempted for bar end gear shifters but even a used pair like that would set you back £25, so from that point alone this was a great price.

I like the colour and font too.

As for needing another bike, maybe not, but did you mention there must be a Champney's somewhere near Northampton, and it could take you many hours to look it over, pay and load up on your car. That might have worked? :lol:
Lewisg

Post by Lewisg »

Ha!

I'll have to remember that for next time! :D
martin biggs

Post by martin biggs »

Lewisg wrote:Did anyone win the bidding for the lovely, though not original, racing green Lambert from Ebay?

morning all that was me , couldnt resist it although not sure what i am going to do with it yet , if any Viscount or Lambert likers want it as project i would quite happily split or sell as complete .

offer only lasts till i decide what to do , just e mailed for a quote re having frame blasted and powder coated . sorely tempted to ride as is so once i have spent 30 mins actually looking at bike to see i have got in reality , i think its actually still got the " death fork" fitted

martin
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

martin biggs wrote:

morning all that was me , couldnt resist it although not sure what i am going to do with it yet , if any Viscount or Lambert likers want it as project i would quite happily split or sell as complete .

offer only lasts till i decide what to do , just e mailed for a quote re having frame blasted and powder coated . sorely tempted to ride as is so once i have spent 30 mins actually looking at bike to see i have got in reality , i think its actually still got the " death fork" fitted

martin

Hi Martin , congratulations on that. Have you ridden it yet? I'd be interested to know if the triple ring behaves itself.
Anyway,you might get attached to it?
martin biggs

Post by martin biggs »

morning no just collected and wheeled into garage , will try and give it a spin round block in as bought spec just to get an idea what needs doing making final decision .

i had a Viscount when i was a teenager either red or blue cant remember for sure as my dad had one to at same time , we both enjoyed them and did many miles on them with Kidderminster ctc .

will drop back tonight with some more comments etc
martin biggs

Post by martin biggs »

ok guys just ripped forks out to check them to see if they are the "death" forks or not

so please look at attached pics and advise if you can tell , the roll pin goes from left to right and only 1 of them the underside of fork crown is plugged and they are alloy

when re fitted along with some clean grease on the headset bearings it actually felt nice on a few trips up and down the cul de sac , still not convinced what to do , i bought it mainly for the wheels and other parts but seems a shame to break it .
Attachments
fork2.jpg
martin biggs

Post by martin biggs »

here is another picture of forks this time taken head on
Attachments
fork1.jpg
63inchgear

Post by 63inchgear »

I have one of these wonderful frames, the fillet brazing is superb. I had mine powder coated a nice dark green and fitted carbon fork and set it up as a fixie, the lightest fixie I have had. Found a bottom bracket that tightened from both sides to replace the damaged one made with sealed bearings. I had to file out the tubes that shot into the bottom bracket to accommodate it. I have new sealed bearings but need to find someone to engineer the titanium axle I have that can be made to fit, ie cut the grooves in for the spring retainers. The bike is a joy to ride. Hope this interests someone!
triitout

Post by triitout »

63inchgear wrote:I have one of these wonderful frames, the fillet brazing is superb. I had mine powder coated a nice dark green and fitted carbon fork and set it up as a fixie, the lightest fixie I have had. Found a bottom bracket that tightened from both sides to replace the damaged one made with sealed bearings. I had to file out the tubes that shot into the bottom bracket to accommodate it. I have new sealed bearings but need to find someone to engineer the titanium axle I have that can be made to fit, ie cut the grooves in for the spring retainers. The bike is a joy to ride. Hope this interests someone!

Sounds like my aerospace frame which I powder coated kiwi green. I used a Wolber 4130 cro-moly fork and yes it rides like a dream. Used the velo-orange grand cru threadless BB. Works great and super smooth. Please post some pics of your build. Here's mine.

http://viscountandlambert.boards.net/th ... rame-part2
busaste

Post by busaste »

Lewisg wrote:I too still have a lot of work to do to get my bikes looking decent for the rally. They're still going to look awfully scruffy compared to all those on last years video!

Can anyone suggest a way of getting my death fork more shiny? It's got rather a lot of oxidisation(? - pale flecks) through it at the moment and nothing I've tried so far does anything other than give a better polish as an 'outer coating'?

Sooooooo excited!!!!!

Any of these polishing kits will give your forks a mirror finish http://www.thepolishingshop.co.uk/acata ... _Kits.html

I can't recommend them enough!

DFR2 - superb day out. If you weren't there, well, you really missed something great.

Hats off to Sooper8 for organising it all.